When blogger told me I had to pay to blog now because I used up all my free space, I took a blogging hiatus. And now I have decided its time to catch up! So yes this is from last fall when I coached Sareny's soccer team. I don't even know that much about soccer, I did take a class at BYU though. But its a good thing my assistant Coach Brown plays on an indoor league. Our first game against the black team (which we found out was pretty stacked) we got slaughtered 10-2.
Then I got super sick with strep throat from babysitting the Johnston kids who had strep. I made Hillari coach the next game for me even though she said she didn't know what to do. I laughed and said, "As if I even know what I'm doing out there!" We won that game and I missed it!
We had practices on Wednesday nights and games on Saturday mornings. Our team voted between being Cougars or Pirates (coaches choice because the best my team could come up with was chocolate covered strawberries), and we ended up being the Pirates. We had some good players on our team and it was fun to see everyone improve. We also had some very funny kids on the team too.
Pictured below is Dylan, Diego, Nathan, Bryce, Sareny, Drew, Mason, and Lexi.
Mason was always saying and doing things to make me laugh.And so was Dylan. Dylan was super cool with his mohawk and was an awesome goalie. He once did Gangnum Style at practice. One practice I had half the team with me including Sareny and Dylan. Dylan kept burping. At first I thought I would ignore it and that he would stop. But then Sareny was totally loving his burping and was like Dylan you are so cool heehee! oh I don't know how to burp heehee! And I thought to myself awesome, Dylan is burping and Sareny is totally impressed and has a crush. I made them run until Dylan would stop burping. And I don't know if Sareny ever admitted to her crush on him, but she totally had one.
I like this picture of Sareny showing Grace from the black team how its done!
The end of the season featured an all star game against the black team. I can't remember if they even lost one game the whole season. Each coach picked three all stars to play in the game. I selected Dylan, Bryce, and Drew for my all stars, and later regretted one of the choices. Even with a team loaded with all stars, the black team still won. Sareny was quite disappointed I didn't pick her as an all star, but she was the best all star in my book.
A couple weeks later we had a pizza party in the park for our soccer team. I called up each player and gave them a trophy and a candy saying. I think it said Let's all clap and stand, you deserve a 100 grand.Then due to tradition, we set of some diet coke and mentos. I think this tradition got started with Hillari, but every time we won a game we would do diet coke and mentos at practice.
It was a great way to end a great season!
2 comments:
I can't believe you are back! Yay! Now you just have 4 months of memorable moments to catch up on, haha. Not to mention commenting on all of my old posts. ;)
Yay!
Um, that's ridiculous about the burping kid and Sareny's crush! I can't believe they were flirting with each other via burping!
Post a Comment