Monday, May 13, 2013

The Polar Express

After Thanksgiving, we rode the Polar Express while Mom and Dad were still here.  Scott wasn't able to come with us because of work.
I was actually really excited about the Polar Express.  Christmas is my favorite holiday.  I love everything about Christmas and all the festivities.  We wore our pajamas for the ride.  We saw some really cute pajamas so if I ever ride it again I am going to get cute pajamas!
Getting my ticket punched to get on the train.
I was expecting a little more decorations in the train, but it was still fun.
We figured out how to make our seats face each other so we could talk and have fun.
Keeley with her cute helmet.
I think we all agreed that it would be more fun to ride the Polar Express in the evening.  It was really hot on the train and we couldn't really see the Christmas lights outside.
We were served some delicious hot chocolate and a cookie.  The book was read to us over the speakers, but we couldn't hear a word that was said.  They need new speakers.  We made it to the North Pole and saw Santa with his reindeer.
Then we had a special visitor come on the train.  Santa gave everyone a jingle bell, and I could hear it ring!
On the way back to the station, we sang lots of Christmas songs, some of which included some dancing from the chefs.  Hillari and I were singing extremely loud for some reason which landed me a weird look from some guy.  It was kind of funny.  Sareny and Finley showing off their jingle bells.

2 comments:

cassidy said...

Fun!! You guys should definitely do this again, but go at night. And I can just imagine you and Hilli singing loud. I'm glad some guy gave you a weird look!! Haha.

hillari said...

I forgot about our loud singing! We were totes awesome and were totes carrying the train. They were lucky to have us! I don't think even Amy Duncan could have been louder. I totally want to go again this year. It was so cool. And si to needing cute pj's.