Friday, May 3, 2013

Halloween

Scott and I had great plans for Halloween costumes, Rex and Starla from Napoleon Dynamite.  You know the guy who wears the American flag pants and says you think anyone wants a roundhouse kick to the face while I'm wearing these bad boys.  But we ended up not doing it and I didn't even see Scott on Halloween because of his work schedule.  Sareny was a cheerleader and Isaac a zombie football player.  I did Sareny's hair and makeup.
Finley and Keeley were my little ponies.  Fin was fluttershy, but I was say shutterfly.  I tagged along with the Fallstrom's to their ward trunk or treat.
Later we had the Ronquillo's with us and Grammy Jo and Bampa.  We went to the Odyssey fall festival.  I love this picture with two of my sissies.
And Rainbow Dash was so cute.  Numerous boys would come up to us through out the night and yell Rainbow dash is my favorite!  I wanted to yell back Bronies in the house, but didn't.
We took the kids around to play all the games and the blowup slides.  And then we went in the haunted house with Rhys and Fin.  That was a bad idea!  I was holding Fin and she got scared upon entering, so I told her to close her eyes and hug me tight.  Rhys, as Buzz Lightyear, won a cake and the cake walk.
The night before Halloween we had a spooky dinner and invited Scott and Elise.  We had witches brew, pumpkin shaped quesadillas, and other stuff I can't remember.  We ended the night by making caramel apples.
On Halloween I subbed for P.E. at the high school.  When I got home we carved pumpkins.  I helped Finley do hers before the older kids got home from school.
Keeley did not like us carving pumpkins.
Every year Hillari's whole street gets together for dinner at a neighbors house.  Then we all go out for some trick or treating while the dad's stayed to hand out candy.  I decided to be a nerd coach for the trick or treating adventure and put to use my speed walking technique learning in a BYU class.  Hillari was laughing a lot at me.  Maybe she was embarrassed, but I wan't!
The pumpkins all finished.  From left to right is Sareny's, Isaac's, mine and Fin's, and Keeley's.
I enjoyed eating the children's candy the next couple of days until we took on a challenge to do 10 burpees every time we ate candy or a treat.  That is enough to make me give up the candy, I do not like burpees!

1 comment:

hillari said...

Yeah, the burpess where tough--we where gassed! haha. You packed a lot into this post! We had a lot of fun at the Halloween events. Good thing you were there to hold Finley tight! I can't believe we took all the kids in the haunted house--and that nobody had nightmares. We'll have to get together this Halloween for some more fun times! And you need to show me how you did such a good job on that makeup!