My singles ward made a Relay for Life team, so I decided to join it. I haven't done Relay for Life since high school, so I thought it would be fun to do it again. The event was from 6pm to 6am. I didn't stay the whole night and ended up leaving around 2. Purple is a universal color for cancer or something, so I wore purple. These are my friends Seirra and Courtney.
Scott just happened to be there too.A group picture of some of the ward members. People in my ward dressed up as Disney characters, then people paid a dollar to get a picture with them as part of our fund raiser.
I got a picture with the Mad Hatter, who is really my friend David. He didn't even make me pay a dollar for the picture.
Part way through the evening, they had some hair cutting girls on stage to cut hair if you wanted to donate it. I didn't want to donate my hair. There weren't very many people donating, and Scott said I should do it. Then others in my ward said I should, and Scott said he would shave his head if I donated my hair. I fell to the peer pressure and donated 7 inches.
It seems like such a simple thing, to cut off your hair and donate it. Hair grows back, but it was a really hard thing for me to do. I hated my hair cut (it was the worst hair cut ever) for a few weeks. Now I don't mind it so bad, but it is still a bad hair cut that isn't very straight.
I got to do the first cut on Scott's hair. I went right down the middle with the clippers, but it didn't even do anything because he has so much hair. So I did a few swipes with the clippers before handing them over to the professionals. If they can even be called professionals after the crappy cut they gave me!
Here we are with our hair cut off!
Through out the relay I ran and walked around the track with friends. I think I ran/walked about 3 miles. Through out the night. Scott and I walked a couple laps together before I left for the night.
5 comments:
Well, that was really awesome of you to donate your hair...it's just too bad that your wedding is coming up! But especially after seeing that girl at the Phoenix Children's Hospital that needed your hair, I am proud of you for doing it. But Scott is a charms knocker for already having his regular hair again. :(
I didn't know you were pressured into donating your hair!! I kind of sympathize with you, because I cut my hair short (shorter than yours) a few months before my wedding and then I didn't like my hair for my wedding. But Katie made it look really cute for my bridal pictures - it was wavy/curly, which I wouldn't have been able to do with long hair.
I totally understand about cutting your hair though...some people think it's no big deal to cut your hair, but after you've spent months or even years growing your hair long, you don't just want to chop it all off! Especially if you weren't even planning on it! That was very generous of you to do it. And I think it looks really cute in pictures I've seen of you lately.
I think it was very generous of you to do that also. I agree that it is a hard thing to do, and you didn't really even have time to think about it! But I like hoe Hill said Scott is a charms knocker for having his grown out already! I laughed out loud.
I didn't mean to say hoe!!! That is supposed to say "how Hill said.....".
Are you ever going to blog again?? Just wondering, since it has been four months...
Post a Comment