Last year Hillari entered a gingerbread house in the Arizona State Fair and won a major award... if you count 5 bucks, a blue ribbon, and a purple ribbon a major award. So this year, she suggested that we all enter something in the fair.
I entered two different cupcakes. I made gingerbread cupcakes and Oreo cupcakes. My favorite were the Oreo cupcakes. They have an Oreo at the bottom, Oreo pieces in the batter, and Oreo cream cheese frosting.
We went to the fair on opening day to find our projects. I got a blue ribbon on my Oreo cupcakes and honorable mention on my gingerbread cupcakes.
We walked around the animal exhibits. There were some cute baby rabbits and I even found some fluffy Jarons. But Hilli told me that she thinks fluffy Jaron was an ugly guinea pig, but I think he was cute! I loved this little potbelly pig. Keeley was a cute little girl.
Scott was holding Keeley at one point and someone told him he had a cute daughter. Then we did some fair rides. The kids each got to ride 3 rides. I had to take Sareny on this swing ride. I was having problems getting my buckle to work.
Then we went high in the sky on the swings.
Isaac and Keith were behind us.
After the swings, my buckle was stuck and I couldn't get off the ride. Luckily Sareny squeezed out and went to tell carnie worker. I was waiting for quite awhile because the carnie wasn't listening to Sareny. He finally came to let me off the ride when Keith said something. I really wanted to go on the zipper. It is my favorite fair ride.Scott and I rode it together. I was screaming the whole time and Scott was laughing at me the whole time.
Scott and I also took some awesome photo booth pictures. But actually they aren't that awesome. I look horrible in every picture. There was no warning at all to let you know when the picture was being taken.
I also took Finley down the big slide. She loved it.
I really wanted a funnel cake and corn dog before we left. While everyone was getting funnel cakes, I wen to get my corn dog. I couldn't believe how ginormous it was and I shared it with Hill and the kids.
Scott was naughty to me and took a picture of me after the corn dog was eaten. And then he did this to that picture...




2 comments:
That was lots of fun--it's makes it way more fun to enter things. I can't believe you and the zipper--I think I would be like Holl Jo and throw up all over the people in the line. And the corn dog picture--my word! It was an extremely huge carn dog though.
Ha ha! That pic made me laugh. I just have to keep looking at it! The fair looks fun! Congrats on your ribbons!! I want one of those yummy Oreo cupcakes.
Post a Comment