Before we got married Scott's parents gave us an old kitchen table that they didn't want. We decided to paint it and make it more our style. Notice Scott's weird smile in this picture. He smiles like this all the time and I can't even look at him when he does it because it is so weird.
We decided to paint the table black instead of staining it.Scott worked on the table and I worked on the chairs. I think I had to do the chair because they are harder than the table with lots of little spots that need painting. I didn't want to ruin my clothes with paint and it was kind of chilly outside, so I borrowed some clothes from Elise. She gave me a cardinals jersey, shorts, a jacket, and some long socks to keep my legs warm. I looked pretty silly in it.
This is what the chairs looked like before the paint, and the table looked the same.
Here is the completed project. We painted it black then sanded the edges. We later decided to put a polyurethane coat on it to protect the paint and make it easier to clean. We still have two more chairs that we need to sand and paint. These two chairs have seat cushions, so we are also going to recover them with some cute fabric.
3 comments:
That table is way cute! And I love that red bowl thing in the middle of your table--where did you get it? You guys did a great job on the table and are really lucky to have people give you cute stuff!
That's SO cute! I can't believe you guys did that. It looks like a lot of work, so that's awesome that it turned out so well. How fun for you two to work on that together. Mom would probably say you can never get rid of that table since it's so special. And yes that red bowl looks so cute next to the black - such a fun pop of color.
I love how your table and chairs turned out! I was pretty proud that you and Scott worked so hard on it, and did it together. I can't wait to see how the other chairs look with that cute fabric!
Post a Comment