Thursday, June 13, 2013

Bridal Pictures

Scott and I drove to Nevada on Valentines Day to spend the weekend doing wedding stuff (invitations and poof balls) and getting my bridal pictures taken.  And Scott really wanted some groomals too.  We did bridals on Friday in St. George.  I wanted to take them at the Adams' mansion, but Debby talked me out of it because she said it isn't very pretty and green in the winter.  So I wasn't able to get the pretty green pictures I wanted, but I think the bridals turned out really good.  Luckily I have friends who do hair, and Amanda volunteered to do mine for my wedding.  She was also able to do it for my bridals too.  She did such a good job and it is always fun to catch up while she does my hair.
 This is one of my favorite pictures.
 St. George had some cool and pretty places to take pictures.

 By this point in the photo shoot, which was the very beginning, Debby told us to get a little nasty!
 Even with all the dead stuff, I think this setting is pretty.
 I believe we stopped traffic for this picture.  We were across the street from Debby and cars stopped so she could take pictures.
 I was glad mom came with us.  And Debby put her to work holding the reflector thing.


 The classic Debby Leavitt dip.  Everyone learns this move from her.
 And then she wanted us to take it to the next level by Scott picking me up and dipping me.
 And this move almost ended tragically.  We were all laughing that Scott almost dropped me and this picture captures that moment.  The funny thing is, Debby wanted us to try it again and I said no!
 This is the picture we had Debby print and frame.  My other request was pictures in the desert with the mountains.  I wanted to go up Snow Canyon, but we didn't have time.  I still really like these desert pictures, but they're not exactly what I had envisioned.
And as you can see this was a long photo shoot.  The sun was setting at this point and we were rushing to get in a last few pictures.  I kind of like our silhouettes and the sunburst between us.

3 comments:

cassidy said...

You just gotta get a little nasty! Ha ha! That part made me laugh. I LOVE your bridals. Especially those last ones at the end. They just look so much like the desert we grew up in. So pretty and I feel like the desert makes you and Scott look extra nice.

Also, I love the pic of when Scott almost dropped you! You should print and frame it!

hillari said...

Very cute pictures! I like the last one a lot. And I can't believe you guys were seriously taking pictures all day long.

Jolynn said...

That was a very long, tiring day. But still fun though. I think your pictures turned out beautiful too. But Debby with her "nasty" comment! I think Cass made a good point: you should frame that picture where you and Scott are laughing after he almost dropped you. I had fun holding the big silver thingy. Ha ha.