Mom gave me a bridal shower in Overton. We planned it for Saturday the day after bridal pictures. Dad and Scott were going to take a ranger ride, but the Saturn suddenly wouldn't start and they were stuck at the house. It was a little weird having Scott around, even though he mostly stayed out of sight. Since it was also President's Day weekend, my BYU roommates were able to drive down for it. Mom and I were freaking out that no one would show up because quite a few people dropped off gifts saying they couldn't come.
But we actually had a great turn out and the living room was full. My cute roommate Amanda helped out with picking up the trash.I loved my bridal shower and loved being embarrassed. I thought it was fun, and everyone always likes when the bride to be is embarrassed.
Janae and Kathryn are my other roommates that came. I think the best person to have at a bridal shower is Rose. She was hilarious, which is a little surprising. After I opened the first lingerie, Rose said, "That's not even see through!" Rose gave be a present and said, "That is what you are going to wear on your wedding night!" I was a little nervous opening it after her previous comment and then the box was empty because I'm going to wear "nothing" on my wedding night. It was funny.
I opened this candy bra from Amanda and Kathryn and exclaimed, "I have always wanted one of these!" Everyone laughed.
Mom gave me some cute kitchen stuff, an apron, perfume, and a gift card.
Mom made me this quilt. I helped pick out the fabric and colors and chose the yellow brick road pattern. I love it and it is now our on our bed.
And mom also got me and Scottie these Mickey and Minnie ears for our honeymoon at Disneyland. They are so cute and we wore them everyday at Disney.

3 comments:
So fun! I wish I could have been there! It would have been hilarious to hear all of Rose's comments in person. I'm glad you had a fun shower. And those Mickey ears are awesome! I can't wait to see pics of your honeymoon (The Disneyland ones, that is)!
It does sound fun, and embarrassing! I do love Rose--so funny about her comments. I think that would certainly liven up any bridal shower. You got some good stuff.
Rosie defintely made the day fun! She just says anything she wants. I'm so glad your shower turned out to be so fun. One of the best parts was you blurting out, "I've always wanted one of these!" about the candy bersie. I'm so glad you love your quilt too. It turned out pretty lovely, if I do say so myself. And I'm happy that you and Scott wore the Mickey ears every day at Dis. How fun.
Post a Comment