I saw a pin on Pinterest about the 14 days of Valentines. It looked kind of cheesy but cute at the same time. I decided to do it for Scott. And it included cheesy things like a hot wheels car and a tag that said you make my heart race, and a bottle of crush soda with a tag that said I have a crush on you. I gave one to Scott every day until Valentines Day. My favorite one was a box of Honeycomb that said honey comb your hair because we have a date tonight.
I planned a date for us to have dinner at the park. I originally thought of making a cute menu and having the Fallstrom kids be our servers. They would bring us a drink, take our orders, and bring our food. I thought it would have been really cute and fun, but wouldn't work out with our schedules. So instead I made a delicious Oreo cake shaped like a heart, lasagna (a small pan for me and Scott and a big pan for the Fallstroms), salad, and Hill helped with the breadsticks. I packed it all up with drinks and a blanket, then Scott and I drove to the park. I punched holes in tin cans and put tea lights inside for some nice lighting and we had a yummy dinner. We went back to the Fallstrom's house to eat dessert since we didn't want to take a cake with us to the park. After dessert we watched a movie. It was a nice early Valentines date especially since we spent February 14th driving to Nevada for bridal pictures.
3 comments:
I think that sounds really cute! One of these days I should do something fun like that for Dad. I used to, back in the day. Now we just give each other a card. Lame.
That was a super cute idea--very clev and thoughtful. The Honeycomb one was my fave also. Too bad the kids couldn't be your servers--that would have been fun! Maybe you'll have to plan another date and have them do it.
How fun!! You are so sweet for going all out for Valentine's Day. That makes me want to do something like that next year. And that cake looks delish!!
Post a Comment