I was an only child for Christmas this year, so Christmas was a little different. We went on our traditional Christmas Eve hike, which ended up not so traditional. We went on a ranger ride with the full intent of getting out and hiking, but then got too tired from the long ride. We got out for a picture and counted that as our hike. And I know I look super cool wearing those clix glasses.
Actually I am kind of embarrassed by the glasses so I will post one without the clix. I love the view of the valley from the desert hills.Mom and I made our santa pinata, and then we got ready for the wild swings.
I feel like we always pose with santa by the tree before it all begins.
We did the pinata in the garage, and I am proud to say there weren't any meltdowns about it.
Mom's wild swing to get santa.
And perhaps the first time ever, dad got in on the action. But the P.E. teacher held the bat with just one hand...
Here I am showing off the goodies.
We also drove around to see Christmas lights. Then I lined up Christmas morning down the hall and made mom take my picture as I waited.
Then I came to see that Santa brought me one of Cassidy's old high school volleyball shoes with no shoe laces. Santa still owes me a new pair of running shoes. Maybe he will bring them next Christmas.
Mom got some groovy scissors.
I loved my new ornaments. One from Hawaii and one giant engagement ring.
Dad and his new flashlight and some pistachios.
Christmas was great fun and the next day the Keel's and Fallstrom's came.



3 comments:
Wow, where did you get those awesome Clix?! Ha ha. This post cracked me up! I can't believe you made Mom take your picture as you were lined up waiting to see what Santa brought you! I like your ornaments - I'm the one who told Mom about the engagement ring one...isn't it super cute?
I love your post, but let the record show that "Santa" kept trying to get you to go pick out some shoes and you never did! I had forgotten all about it. Oh well, snooze ya lose! Haha. I thought our little Christmas Eve was quite fun, even though it was just us three.
Grammy Jo's snooze ya lose comment--haha! so true. I can't believe you guys and your Christmas Eve! It does still look fun though. But the pic of you standing at the end of the hall!!
Post a Comment