Wednesday, August 18, 2010

America

My fourth of July was pretty uneventful, or I guess I should say third of July. I worked 8 hours that day. That evening a group of us from my ward went to watch the fireworks.
Kyle of course came too.A picture with Dustin, one of our home teachers.
After the fireworks, Kyle and I went to the park and played with sparklers and poppers.
On the real fourth of July we all went to church. At the last minute we decided to make some sugar cookies to celebrate and be patriotic. Emily got that USA cookie cutter for free at the Clark County fair so it was a perfect time to use it.
We also decided to make state cookies. I made Nevada, Emily made Illinois, and Kyle made Texas. Oh and I think someone made Utah too.The US cookies before we frosted them and ate them. By the way, not as good as my mom's recipe.

3 comments:

cassidy said...

Cool cookies! That Nevada cookie looks delish. I'm jealous that you watched fireworks...we didn't even watch any. Truman would have freaked.

Jolynn said...

I love the USA and Nevada cookies! How clever of you. But too bad you didn't use your mama's recipe!

holli jo said...

Doozie, those cookies are so cute! I want a USA cookie cutter. :)

And yes, your mama's recipe is really yummy.