Saturday, January 30, 2010

Christmas in Hawaii. part 2

This day we spent in Laie. We stopped at Chinaman's Hat on the way to the temple. We found lots of cool coral and shells on the beach here too.
All of us except for James in front of the temple.
Truman being cute.
I decided I needed to have a prego picture in front of the maternity statue like Cass.
Dad kept talking about a statue of a woman that was behind the temple. We found the statue and it is of the woman who took care of Joseph F. Smith when he was sick on his mission. It was pretty cool.
Then we went to the PCC. We went to all the villages to see the cultural shows and had lots of fun. Here in Fiji we got fake tats.
I learned how to hula in Hawaii.
And then we learned to hula in Tahiti.
We made these fish things in Tonga.
And I dominated at his game. I had the high score of a whopping 2 points.

Pretending to come out of that hut thing.
Cassidy being a teen mod.
We ate Kalua pork at dinner, then went to the night show Ha. It was really awesome. I loved all the dancing. And I had to get my picture taken with the main man Mana! He was really sweaty and got me all wet.
We went on our annual hike on Christmas Eve. It was the Makapu'u hike. We thought we would see lots of whales but we didn't.
At the top of the hike.
Me and my parents. I like mom's hair!

After the hike the parents and I went to Waikiki beach and the international market place. When we got back we made crook cracks and watched Christmas movies. There was no time to shower after the beach so that is why I look so gross.
Before we bashed santa.
Cass taking a swing.
And me.
And mom.
After we bashed santa. I was supposed to look sad, Cass mean, and James happy. I'm not sure how well that worked out.
We made some shortbread cookies and mom read us a Christmas story before we went to bed. I wish we had a picture of the living room. I slept on the couch, Cass and James on the floor, and Truman in the pack and play. It was pretty crowded.

2 comments:

Jolynn said...

I love your post. You had some different pictures that I don't have; for instnace, the sad, mean, glad picture of you, Cass, and James. It's funny. But I can't believe you put that one of me with my hair all blowing out crazy. You meanie!

cassidy said...

I loved your post and all the pictures! It really was a super fun Christmas. I like that picture of you and Mana - gross that he was so sweaty! I also like our post-Santa-bash picture. Too bad we didn't get any photos of the living room with you, me, James, and Truman all crammed in there!