Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Christmas in Hawaii. part 3

Christmas morning we went through our stocking and then had swedish pancakes before digging into the rest of the presents. Since going to Hawaii was my Christmas present I wasn't expecting to get much. But I am the baby of the fam and got way more than I deserved. I loved all my presents though. Me and Cass opening our bags from mom!
Mom and Dad with their presents. I gave them tennis balls. They opened rackets when we got back to Overton.
Truman liked his presents I think.
Then we went to Waikiki beach and throw around the new football I gave James.
Dad taught me how to not throw like a girl. This will come in handy since I start a football unit in a couple weeks for school.Truman decided he didn't like the water.
Me and mom with Diamond Head in the background.
A cute little family.
We had Christmas dinner, which mostly consisted of scones for me. I was just to creeped out to eat the turkey because we had to microwave it. The next day we went snorkeling and Hanauma Bay. It was awesome. We saw a sea turtle and some humu humus. Here is mom modeling her life jacket.
We are safe by giving the ok sign.
So this girl asked me to take a picture of her and first she did one peace sign. Then she asked me to take it again and she whipped out a double peace sign. So of course we had to do it too.
After a long day of snorkeling!
We went to church on Sunday and Truman was blessed. I was so glad I could be there. Minus the fact I had to go to the singles sunday school class with all the old widowed women. But seriously they were old. And I knew Cass would be waiting for me when I got out of class... she was. And we laughed about it.
I loved their church building. It was so pretty and it was all outdoors. I love my baby Truman.
We went to Pearl Harbor but the tickets were all gone for the Arizona memorial. So instead we just looked around the visitors center. It was really cool, but it makes me a little sad to think of all the people who were killed.
We drove to the Pali lookout. It was really pretty.
Teen mods of course.
Then we went ot the Punchbowl. Mom, Dad, and I walkd up to the little lookout. It was also a cool view.

I didn't even know what the Punchbowl was until we went, so it was cool to see.
The last day we were there we went to Ko Olina. We saw the sharks and rays at the hotel. And the hotel is the same hotel the girls work at in Blue Crush!
These guys were really creepy.
I made sure to lay out since it was the last day.
We walked to this hidden beach. We saw lots of fish jumping around from different pools of water. We also almost got killed by a big wave that came up on the rocks.
Look real right!
We ate at the cheescake factory for lunch/dinner. I was sad to leave, but we had such a great time. I hope I can visit again.

2 comments:

Jolynn said...

I love all your pictures. I should have blogged more of mine, but I was too lazy. Wish we could go back real soon, don't you?

cassidy said...

In that picture of all of us at Truman's blessing I look like I have horns on the top of my head...but it's Jesus' arms. Ha ha. I like that you included all the details and funny things that happened during the trip - I forgot about the double peace sign! That was funny. But why didn't you post the picture of you posing the same as the other statue?