Friday, August 9, 2013

The Honeymoon part 1

After our reception Scott and I drove to Las Vegas for the night.  We stayed at the Trump Tower, and it was super nice.  They upgraded us to a better room because it was our honeymoon and gave us a small box of chocolates.  Our bathroom had a TV built into the mirror and we accidentally bought a movie to watch that night.  We didn't have any small bills and didn't tip the guy who brought our luggage up to us.  I felt kind of bad, oops!
We slept in really late that morning, yay for 4 p.m. check outs!  We decided to do something fun in Vegas before we made our way to California so we went to the New York New York.  We ate pizza at some place inside then rode the NY NY roller coaster.  The roller coaster gave me whip lash and I felt like my neck was going to snap off.  I didn't remember the roller coaster being so jerky.  Our drive to California was filled with traffic.  It took a long time to get there!
We stayed at the Marriott Fairfield Inn that is across the street from Disneyland.  They also upgraded our room because it was our honeymoon.  When we got to Disneyland we stopped at City Hall to get our just married badges.  We spent the first part of the day in Disneyland.
This Disneyland trip was a lot different than what I am used to.  I didn't want it to be about the crazy Keel family ways.  We never made it to Disneyland before it opened and missed our magic morning.  Our first ride was Splash Mountain.  We got the log to ourselves and didn't get very wet!  We wore our Mickey and Minnie ears everyday too.
Scottie in line at Haunted Mansion.  We always take a picture by this hearse carriage.
On Jungle Cruise.  Our guide was pretty good for the cruise.
Scott bought us these matching shirts as a surprise before our honeymoon.  They were cute and fun to wear.  Someone even asked if she could take a picture of our shirts and I said yes.  Every where we went in Disneyland cast member and lots of park goers would congratulate us.  It was really fun and I liked when people on the boats for It's a Small World yelled to us while we were in line.  And one guy wanted a picture of us because we were on our honeymoon and really didn't just get married.  Occasionally we would get a free fast pass and one time got free churros for our honeymoon.
Scott kept trying to mess me up on this ride by turning our car so I could see the targets!
We bought a vacation package that came with a free character meal, photo package from a ride, and lanyards with a trading pin.  I chose Ariel's Grotto for our meal and Scott went along with it.  The food was yummy and we got to see lots of princesses when they came to our table.  I made Scott take pictures with me even though he didn't want to.  And he is closing his eyes with Sleeping Beauty.
Snow White was a little scary with her makeup and super fake voice.

Belle is my favorite and she was really nice.  Cinderella didn't ask us if we wanted a picture with her and left our table before we got one.
The dessert plate had a variety of cupcakes, berries, a white chocolate conch shell, and chocolate lava cake.  The cupcakes had glitter frosting!
Later that night we went to California Adventure.  We walked onto the Ariel ride and took a picture in our shell.
We also checked out Cars land.  It was really cute and I loved all the stores from Radiator Springs.  We went on Mater's Junkyard Jamboree because there was a super short line.  The ride is very much like a fair ride that whips you around, but we actually had fun on it.  We had squishing wars and laughed an screamed the whole time.  I'm not sure why Scott isn't smiling because he surprisingly said it was one of his favorite rides.
We didn't even bother checking our Luigi's Flying Tires, but I kind of wanted to.  We did do Radiator Springs Racers.  It was seriously such a fun ride.  I loved it.  The wait for the line was only 45 minutes that evening compared to the couple hour wait during the day time.  I didn't think the wait was too bad and I think it was partly because World of Color was going on at the same time we were in line.

3 comments:

Jolynn said...

Okay, first of all, Dad was outraged at your "Keel family way" comment. And even more outraged that you didn't get to Dis before opening time AND missed your magic morning!! Secondly, Snow White is truly scary looking! I was thinking that even before I read that you thought so too. And maybe Cinderella left without a picture because she thought you guys were old enough not to want a picture.... Wrongo! I'm glad you wore your wedding Minnie and Mickey ears and got lots of attention and freebies. It looks way fun.

cassidy said...

Cute shirts!! I'm glad you guys went all out with the honeymoon stuff and that Scott was up for it.

And at first I too was outraged that you didn't do Disneyland the Keel family way, but then I remembered you're on your honeymoon. You don't want to be waking up at 5:00 am on your honeymoon!! I'm glad you did Disneyland the relaxed way, even if it meant you missing out on lots of rides in the morning.

But also, Snow White's face! Totally creepy! She looked like she was back from the dead or something.

And I'm glad you got free churros!! Awesome. But who are the weird people who kept wanting to take pictures of you? That's so funny.

hillari said...

Mom's comments totally made me laugh! I think we are all outraged that you would miss your magic morning! What the heck?! haha. Ariel's Grotto looks totes fun! I want to go there next time we go! Cool that you got all those freebies!