We went to the Clark County Fair and Rodeo minus the rodeo. It was also my birthday and what better way to celebrate than at the fair. The fair always seems to land on my birthday. The Fallstrom's and Scott and I got all day carnival passes. We went first thing in the morning to the rides. We rode the Ferris Wheel with Sareny Agnes. Scott was rocking our seat and I was scared, Sareny thought it was fun.
Hillari rode a ride similar to the spinning strawberries that mom says smells like potty, only they were dragons. It was hilarious because the ride was never ending and Hill got sick. Every time she went by the carnie worker she asked if she could get off. After some more rides we watched some shows. We watched an acappella group and a Journey Tribute band. Scott wanted to watch the hypnotist show because he had never seen one. I just can't stand the hypnotist show and wouldn't mind if I never saw one again, but I watched it with Scott.
We ate a fair food lunch in the grass. I had a corn dog and corn on the cob, and Scott and I shared a funnel cake. Keeley got hold of some funnel cake and started wadding it in. She had some in both hands and it was pretty cute.
The Fallstrom kids started asking to ride the mechanical bull. Hill and Keith went out to the car to get waters so Scottie and I paid for them to each ride. Sareny refused to put her hand up on her turn.But she had a lot of fun!
Isaac rode like a real cowboy, but after I took some pictures he decided to hold on with both hands.
He was riding sideways when he was about to fall off and I thought he was going to get back on. In the end he fell off.
Finley was a little scared so I had to stand with her in line. I paid for her to ride, walked her up to the bull, then she said I guess I don't want to ride it. Anyone that know Fin knows that it is common for her to suddenly guess she does or doesn't want something. I sat her on the bull and she started throwing a fit. In the end everyone said I had to ride it for my birthday since Finley wouldn't. I have never had the desire to ride a mechanical bull, but it was actually kind of fun. But kind of embarrassing due to all the people standing around watching.We checked out the animal exhibits. Scott's great grandma hung out with us all day too.
Sareny and Scottie in front of the peacock, which you can't really see. Right before I took this picture, the peacock had all its feathers standing up.
Before our day at the fair ended I talked everyone into riding the Zipper, which is my favorite fair ride. I was screaming the whole time and while being whipped around upside down my gum flew out of my mouth mid scream. I sure hope it didn't land on someone! Scott and I drove his grandma back to Vegas and when we walked into the house, Hill, Keith, and Mom hid in the dark and yelled surprise. It actually scared me. They were waiting for me to turn on the light, but I never did and just started walking downstairs so it was pretty funny too. The next day we went to church with mom and dad.
Everyone sang happy birthday and then we ate the cake made my mom and Hill. The Fallstrom's left early, but Scott and I stayed for dinner before going back to AZ.

2 comments:
You forgot to mention how Scottie got in troubs for rocking the ferris wheel chair! That was a fun weekend, and I'm glad we got to celebrate your birthday with you.
That's funny about surprising you for your birthday. :) Looks like you had a good time.
Post a Comment