Friday, August 30, 2013

Pat's Run

When I moved to Arizona, I was determined to do Pat's Run.  I was consistently exercising and and was in really good shape, until I got engaged.  Then I started being really sporadic with all the wedding planning.  Even though I was super out of shape, I still wanted to do it.  Scott signed us up on the last day of registration when he was on campus for school.
Before the race, they had a trumpet player play the National Anthem.  It was such a good rendition and makes me get teary-eyed.  I think the same person played the last time I ran too.  Getting ready to cross the start line.  There were lots of people.
Scott and I ran the first mile, walked the second, and ran the last 2.  Scott beat me by a few seconds and probably could have beat me by more, but he was trying to stay with me.  This was unfortunately my slowest time ever on doing Pat's Run.
A picture of the finish line, which is on the 42 yard line in the ASU stadium in honor of Pat whose football number was 42.
The next day Scott and I were both pretty sore from the run.  I really want to do it again next year and hopefully be in better shape and get a better time.

2 comments:

Jolynn said...

Pat's run is really cool and kind of fun. I'm glad you and Scott did it, even if you were out of shape. I hope sometime Dad and I can do it again. Maybe this year will be the year.

hillari said...

Super cool that you guys did it. Let's all plan on doing it this coming year. Also, I do believe you made fun of me for getting teary eyed last time with that trumpet player. I guess I could have made fun of you this year.