Thursday, August 15, 2013

The Honeymoon part 2

Our second day at Disneyland we rode Autopia.  I told Scott that I am really horrible at driving the Autopia cars and that I am like a little kid bashing back and forth on the guide track.  So naturally I drove our car!
We had a cast member take our picture before we took off.
We were laughing the whole time because of how bad I am.  And I got a little embarrassed every time we drove by a cast member.
We almost got a perfect picture in front of the castle, but that little girl had to sneak her way in.  I think everyone was waiting for a parade to start so there was no crowd walking through the castle.
I love riding the Mad Tea Party at night when all the cool lanterns are lit up.  We tried to get a picture with the lanterns, but it was really blurry.
So we took this one instead.
We sat in a blue tea cup and Scott made it spin really fast!
Our last day at Disneyland, we went to DCA first.  I told Scott about the giant turkey legs that people always gnaw on like it is the best thing in the world and then he decided he wanted one!
We sat and ate it together, and honestly I didn't like it that much.  It was kind of good but kind of gross at the same time.  But now I can say I ate a turkey leg.
We ate at the Blue Bayou for a late lunch.  We had an hour before our actual reservation so we got a caricature made right out side in New Orleans Square.  I don't think it looks like me that much, but I think it is cute and I'm glad we got it.  Try to ignore the glare from the flash.
I told Scott all about the Monte Cristo and how delicious it is.  We decided to share it and it was delicious.  Except Scott didn't like it that much because he wasn't feeling very well and it is greasy.  I wanted to take a picture before we left and Scott didn't something naughty.  Can you tell  by my face what he did?
We had to take another one and I had to hold his had away.  Also notice the difference in his smile.  The first picture it is very big, and the second picture it is not so big.
That night we rode Radiator Springs Racers again and got our free picture.  We did some last minute shopping before the park closed so I could get all the treats that I deemed necessary for a successful Dinseyland trip!  I got some ice cream and then we picked out a couple of carmel apples to take back home with us.  We ate them back in Arizona and they were delicious.  Scott wanted to go to Knott's Berry Farm the next day so we went.  I haven't been to Knott's in a long time, and it was about how I remember it.  It does not even compare to Disneyland.
We ate lunch at the Knott's restaurant and both wondered why they had Smucker's jam for our biscuits instead of Knott's Berry jam.
Knott's Berry Farm was pretty fun, I liked a couple of the roller coasters.  But a few of the rides just made me nauseous and gave me a headache.
Friday was our last day in California because we had to get back for our open house.  We decided to drive to Huntington Beach for the afternoon.  I wanted to eat at Ruby's Diner at the end of the pier, but we were too lazy to park and walk down the pier to see if it was open.  Looking back, I wish we just would have because walking the pier would have been fun.  We walked around the streets and chose a Hawaiian restaurant to eat at.  I decided I wanted some more ice cream so we stopped at Cold Stone before our long drive home.  And of course we were stuck in stop and go traffic for a couple of hours.

3 comments:

Jolynn said...

Your honeymoon reminds me so much of mine and dad's (40 years ago!) We also did Disneyland and Knott's Berry Farm and the beach. I remember it being so fun. Of course it was the first time I had been to Disneyland, so it was especially cool. I can't believe you ate a turkey leg! They actually look a little gross....they're pink! I don't think I could eat pink meat. I assume you had a churro or two and maybe a frozen banana. This is making me want to go to Dis!! I'm glad you guys had a fun honeymoon. But Scott being naughty in that picture!!!!! My word.

cassidy said...

My word...it seems like Scott is always doing naughty things in pictures!!

Your honeymoon looks like lots of fun. I agree, Snott's isn't all that great. It's kind of a letdown after you've been to Disneyland.

I'm glad you got to eat lots of yummy Disneyland treats and eat at Blue Bayou! And your caricature is super cute! What a good idea for a souvenir.

christensen said...

Speaking of naughty things. Scott's naughty picture reminds me of a 3 year old in my ward. She told the missionaries that when they get married they get to touch boobies. I guess a little kid told that to Scott when he was on his mission.