We had an open house in Arizona a week after we got married. Since I lived with Hill while planning my wedding, she was aware of all my wedding woes. She kindly sort of volunteered to make hundreds of cupcakes for the open house to help. She spent so much time and money making them and they turned out fabulous.
Scott and I snuck some cupcakes before it started.I basically let Kara do whatever she wanted for the open house. The reception was exactly what I wanted so I didn't care so much about the open house. She chose to do it different than the reception and I think it turned out nice.
Our friend Karyann, who did our engagement pictures, made tons of food that was really yummy. We had smoked pork sandwiches, macaroni and cheese, salad, wedding potatoes (funeral potatoes), and cole slaw.
My friend Courtney came, she got married the week before I did. Her husband was working so he couldn't come. We talked about the stress of wedding all the time before we got married. And now we both live in the same apartment complex and go to the same ward.Scott talking to our friend Jon. I am in the background talking to Courtney and the missionaries from our singles ward.
John was in town and drove out to the open house. I was so nice to have him there.
I had to climb on this ledge to take a picture with all the little girls. From left to right is Elise, Grace, Sammy, Ashley, Finley, me, Sareny, Sydney, and Bobbi Jo.
Scottie and me at the end of the open house. We packed up all our presents and went back home to open them.

2 comments:
Your open house looks really pretty and relaxed. That's nice that you didn't have to stress too much about this one. Except for Hilli. How nice of her to make all those cupcakes! They look super yummy.
The open house did turn out really nice and pretty. And Hilli's cupcakes were a hit! I can't believe how hard she worked on those. They were so delish. But I didn't try one of the snickerdoodle ones, and now I wish I would have. Everyone said they were so good. You and Scotty were a very beautiful couple!
Post a Comment