When I met with Debbie to discuss my wedding pictures, I specifically said I didn't want her at the reception to take pictures. I guess she forgot about that because she came to the reception. And actually I'm not going to complain because she got some great pictures of all the details that wouldn't have been documented. Everything about the reception turned out exactly how I envisioned it. It was perfect. If I could change one thing I would have had some music playing. Mom and I spent a lot of time making everything for the reception. We made tons of poof balls and paper medallions. And to be perfectly honest here, Mom made most of the poof balls and paper medallions because I was in Arizona. But I worked on them there, and every visit we made to Overton we worked on them. I believe Dad and Scott even made some of the poof balls!
Heidi Bartle, who does Mom's hair, said she would do the flowers for my wedding. She did a fabulous job. The table centerpieces were so pretty. The roses were hot pink, but look kind of red in the picture. And they were in old milk bottles, to go along with the milk and cookies theme.
I made all of these big paper medallions that we hung on these doors. It made a cute backdrop for us to stand in front of.Liz volunteered to make my wedding favors, which was very nice and helpful. I was glad I didn't have that to stress about too. Liz and I discussed ideas and decided on mini cookies with a tag that said we go together like milk and cookies. They were super cute.
I think paper straws are so cute, so we had a selection of pink, yellow, and grey.
I told Mom I wanted to serve milk and cookies at my reception and use the saying we go together like milk and cookies. She thought it was a little weird to only serve milk and cookies, but I knew thats what I wanted. Mom slaved making tons and tons of delicious cookies. Cassidy and I helped the week before, but Mom had made most of the them already. We had chocolate and plain milk in little cartons, and water for all the non-milk drinkers.
I really wanted Hill and Keith to make my wedding cake. When I showed them a picture of the cake I wanted they said no! Mom and I looked into having someone else make the cake, while I tried to convince Hill and Keith to do it. They finally said they would and it turned out perfect. They had to buy some new tools and learn how to make the ruffles.A picture of our rings. I decided not to get a wedding band after we bought one and had it sautered. Luckily they unsautered them and took back the band.
We borrowed a lot of stuff for the reception from different people. This cute old desk we borrowed and used as the sign in table. I love Mom and Dad's old cake topper that we displayed.
After Scott and I finished pictures at the temple we drove to Overton. We stopped at the house to grab my bags for the honeymoon then headed to the reception. I don't think I will ever forget the fact that Dan and Kara were about an hour late to the reception because they went to a movie and then made a wrong turn. Scott had to stand in the line without them Stephanie came to reception!
And now for some pictures of the cute party goers. Like Keeley!
And this cute kissing couple. But I must know, did Debbie tell you to kiss?Charlie drinking some chocolate milk.
Rhys and Finley. I asked Heidi to make little bouquets for Sareny, Finley, and Elise. The girls loved them.
Truman eating one of my favorite cookies, homemade soft Oreos.
I think William must be in that car seat because they are all looking in it.
About half way through the reception we cut the cake. It was harder than it looks because the fondant get pretty hard.I told Scott he wasn't allowed to smash cake all over my face. After he gave me a bite, I grabbed his hand to make sure he wouldn't.
Then I gave bite to Scott.
And I'm guessing from the look on my face I was surprised he ate the whole thing. It was a big bite full of fondant. Fondant does not taste good and afterwards Scott said it wasn't very good.
Hill said I was a kind of slutty for having a garter! How rude!
Scott threw it and Ethan Hoopes caught it.
Then I threw my bouquet. I always planned on throwing the real thing because I had no intention of keeping it. But I seriously could have knocked a person out with the thing, so I threw Sarenys' bouquet instead. She was not very happy about it.
Sareny tried really hard to catch it back. I think technically Ashely Hoopes caught it but gave it to Sareny right after. It was really sweet of her.
And this picture is just kind of cheesy but I had to include it haha.
I realize we aren't very centered with the backdrop, but Sareny loved my bouquet so we traded for a little bit.
I took a break towards the end to eat some cookies. I took a lot of cookies to try and just took a couple bites of each. And I didn't even get to try them all. Holli and John wanted a picture with us.
And we took a picture with Grandma and Grandpa Q.
And Grandma and Frank.
Then it was time to leave. We left with a sparkler send off. I only did this so I could get a picture like this.
Then Scott and I drove off in the car, turned around and went back so I could take my dress off. Pretty ridiculous, but that is what I wanted to do so I could get the picture. Then we really left for Vegas.
4 comments:
This post cracked me up. Some of the details of the your reception are funny...like Hilli saying you were slutty for doing a garter. But for reals you kind of were. Also the picture of Sareny and that kid with your garter around his head!!! I can't stop laughing about it! And you and Scott kissing in the background of it. And how you guys came right back to the church after your big send-off.
On a serious note, though, I love the pictures. I wish I had more from my reception. Your reception was so pretty, so I'm glad it's all documented in such pretty pics!
But wait! I am not the one who made the slutty comment! I totally don't remember saying anything of the sort! Plus also, I did a garter at my reception, so that would be pretty ridick!
But anyway, very cool reception. I thought that cheesy/silly picture of Sareny and that boy was pretty hilarious! Leave it to Deb Leav. And the pic of Holli and John kissing too! haha.
Oh dear, maybe I'M the one who said Doozie was slutty for doing a garter! I'm now kind of remembering a conversation between me, Lexi, and Hilli where I may have also accused Hill of being slutty for doing one.
Whoops. Sorry guys.
Well now I see I commented on the wrong post about not thinking the high-five-kissing-in-the-background picture was not cheesey. I liked it! But in reality I guess it was kind of cheesey, but kinda cute too. And since I did the garter thing at my reception, I totes do not think it was slutty!
Post a Comment