Thursday, July 11, 2013

The week before my wedding.

Cassidy, Truman, and Ivy flew out early to help with wedding stuff too.  They were in Overton the week before my wedding.  It was fun to have them around to keep me company while mom and dad were at school.  We made lots of cookies and poof balls.  I let truman lick the chocolate off the beater when I was making oreo cookies.
This was the first time I met Ivy.  She was already so big and cute.  She feeds herself big people food and gets kind of messy.
 Rhys and Truman playing in the cardboard house Bampa made.
 On Friday, the day before my wedding, we worked so hard on getting the reception ready.  We were at the church all day hanging lights and poof balls, steaming chair covers and table clothes, tying bows around the chairs, arranging the tables, and basically doing as much as we could so there wasn't much left to do on Saturday.  Grandma Keel, Frank, and Aunt Syd came to the church and helped a little bit.  And then Grandma and Grandpa Q came with Aunt Shelley and helped too.  Hill and Keith worked on my wedding cake all day and John did a lot of babysitting.  Everyone was busy helping.  Oh and I should mention that I set of the fire alarm at the church because the steamer was right under a detector...   oops!  Someone had to come to turn it off.
 After the long day of working at the church we all had pizza at mom and dads house.  I think Holli and John drove to Mesquite to pick it up for us.  You can see the beautiful cake on the counter that Hill and Keith made.
That night I didn't sleep that well because I was on an air mattress that I kind of overfilled so it was uncomfortable.

3 comments:

cassidy said...

I forgot about the fire alarm!! Haha! I had also forgotten about all the steaming...blech. That was a fun week though. I'm glad I got to come early and help. But, gross pic of me at the end.

hillari said...

You guys sure did a lot! You're lucky you have such a nice family! :) I liked seeing all your pictures.

Jolynn said...

When I think back on that week, especially Friday.....it was just so much work! But it was actually a little fun too. And it was really gratifying when we finished everything and it was so pretty! And Hill is right, you ARE lucky you have such a nice family.