While Holli and Rhys were visiting Arizona, we took a trip to the Phoenix Zoo. We left early in the morning because it is so hot here. We met John's dad there and he rented this stroller for the kids to ride in.
Radio Disney was at the zoo doing a winter in July party thing. Scott and I were walking and holding hands, then Sareny had to join in on the hand holding fest.
There were big piles of snow to play with at the party. The snow was actually kind of crappy compared to real snow in Utah.We had fun throwing snow down shirts. It was so hot outside that I didn't even mind the cold snow.
Sareny put a big snow ball down my shirt and it looked pretty funny.
I think this picture is great. While Scott was busy getting Sareny, I snuck in and put snow down his shirt.
Some inflatable water slides were set up for the kids, you can see them behind me and Scott.While the Hill and the kids were in line for one slide, Scott and I were in line for the other one. That way the kids didn't have to wait as long... is that cheating? Radio Disney was playing some tunes for all of us, including the Biebs, so I was dancing to pass the time in line. Scott was maybe embarrassed and Hilli took a picture.
The kids enjoyed the slides for the most part. Rhys climbed to the top, then changed his mind, and climbed back down. The first time Fin went on this slide she climbed up and slid down the steps, not the slide part. By the end, all the kids were soaked.
I wanted a go on the slides, but I think there is probably a weight limit so I didn't have a turn.
As part of winter in July, all the animal exhibits had a pile of snow. The animals didn't even care or notice the snow despite the delicious watermelons placed on top. We found this cool bird at the giraffe exhibit. When the bird stood up, we noticed the eggs.
By the time we left the zoo I was exhausted from being in the hot sun for what seemed like all day. but we were actually only there for maybe 4 or 5 hours.
We decided to have lunch at Oregano's before we went back home. At the restaurant the kids get some dough to play with. Sareny convinced me to eat some, and it was terribly disgusting, so never eat the play dough at Oregano's! Most of us fell asleep on the way home from the zoo. You can't see it in the picture, but Scott fell asleep, I fell asleep on him, and Sareny fell asleep on me.
2 comments:
Well the Winter in July fest looks like fun. I'm wondering why they weren't doing doing that that one time when we went to the zoo in July right after Hill and Keith moved there? Remember how hot that was?
Well, if Scott still wants to be with you after that barrassing dance-a-roonio, then I guess he is a keeper. That was a fun day though!
Post a Comment