Tuesday, August 7, 2012

California Dreamin'

At the end of June Scott and Tanner planned a surprise trip to California for Danielle and me.  Tanner and Danielle are some friends from AZ.  We left on Friday night and got to Dahlin's (Dahlin is Scott's mission friend) house in California pretty late.  We woke up really early the next morning to go out on the lake.
Dahiln's family has a really nice boat and were so nice to take us to the lake.
All of us took a turn wake boarding.  I was kind of nervous to give it a try because I am no good at water skiing, and I don't like fish.  It took me a lot of attempts, but I finally stood up.  It didn't last long, but I can say I did it!
After the lake we went swimming at Dahiln's house.  That night we ate dinner at Texas Roadhouse and did mini golf.  Sunday was our last day in California.  We drove to La Jolla and walked around on the beach.
We climbed through a little tunnel and walked on slippery rocks to see this sea lion.  It was really cool, even though I almost fell into the ocean on one of the slippery rocks.
We took a drive up in the hills to look at some houses.  I loved the view from the top!
I saw the San Deigo Temple from up on the hill, so we decided to go.
We walked around the temple grounds and took some pictures.
Our last stop before heading back to Phoenix was dinner at Islands with Scott's older half sister.  The trip was a lot of fun.

2 comments:

Jolynn said...

That looks like such a fun trip. And I love the San Diego Temple! That is a super good picture of you guys with the Temple in the background. You looks supe cute in all the pics.

hillari said...

what a fun trip! Of course, we're still waiting for our pony rides...I wanted to see a picture of the awesome pool!