Friday, November 5, 2010

Princess Party... and Baseball

We had a princess party for Emily's birthday this year. It was a princess party mostly because I like princesses and wanted to eat on these princess plates.
We put up streamers, balloons, and a birthday banner in the kitchen. Then Em opened presents. She loves baseball and the Royals, so Amanda and I had the brilliant idea to buy a baseball and forge signatures of the players. We even looked up her favorite players signature and then I copied it. It was legit. This was her reaction to the baseball.
So it turns out that Paul Webb has connections with the Royals and hooked me up with a real autographed ball for Emily. So we told her she would get a real one later. Amanda attempted to make a baseball cake.
These are my roommates. Emily the birthday girl, Elsie, Amanda, and me.
Emily and the boys.
Eating our cake.
Later Em and I tried on her new headbands.
A couple weeks later a long anticipated package came in the mail. There was a sweet shirt.
And the best birthday present ever! A baseball signed by the Royals!

4 comments:

cassidy said...

That looks like such a fun birthday party! And a way cool present! You are so thoughtful. I like that you made a fake one first!

Jolynn said...

I have been wondering if the real ball ever came through. Yay! How fun for Em. And I hope you thanked Paul profusely. That was ncie of him. You're a pretty dang good roomie if you ask me!

holli jo said...

Fun party! But crazy mixing the princesses and baseball together. :)

Really awesome present for her.

By the way, the word verification for my comment is "eursestr" = Your sister. Get it?

hillari said...

I like the fake ball you signed! It looks pretty cool. Fun party! Woah--weird about Holl Jo's word verification!