This semester we had to take an outdoor recreation class for my major. It was a block class so its over now, but it was a really fun class. We did a lot of fun activities like canoeing/kayaking, mountain biking (not so fun), hiking, rock climbing, and a ropes/challenge course. This is Holly, me, and Lindsey on the first day when we went canoeing and kayaking. We went to Utah Lake and had a lot of fun.

Getting instructions and learning how to paddle.

I was in the kayak first and it took some getting used to. I felt like I was going to tip over.

But I got better at it.

Then I went in the canoe with Lindsey.

This is from our hike that we did up Provo Canyon. It was really pretty with all the changing leaves.

This picture is so funny. Coriann is the one making a face. She is great and is also on the basketball team.

The last part of the trail before we finished.

The ropes course was probably the scariest thing I have ever done. I was so scared, but the TA convinced me to just try it. So here we are all watching someone up on the balance log. Oh and take a look at my pink Nike's!! They are pretty sweet.

This is me making my way over to the tree. First I had to climb up the log on the left about 25 feet to get to the tree.

Then you have to climb up to the balance log. At this point I was so scared and my hands were shaking I couldn't let go of the tree.

But with enough encouragement from my class I managed to do it!

After this I did a free fall where you climbed up a log to a platform that was also about 25 feet high. Then you had to jump off the platform. We also went mountain biking, but I didn't enjoy it that much. I'm scared of bikes and felt like I had no control going down the trails, I would rather go up. The last day of class we went to an indoor rock climbing place. I really liked rock climbing. I am so glad I got to take this class.
3 comments:
That looks pretty fun! and scary. i like your pink nikes!
But what did you jump onto? A big fluffy mattress, I hope. I agree with Hilli...looks fun and scary. And I hate mountain biking. I went once and it is so scary going down those bumpy trails!
And yes, your shoes are pretty sweet! I want some.
That ropes course just looks hideous! There's no way I could have done that. I'm glad you got to take such a fun class though. I want to see the shoes close up.
Post a Comment