Thursday, April 29, 2010

Clark County Fair

Quite awhile ago Amanda and I decided we were going to the Clark County Fair. Then Lexie and Emily wanted to come, so we all made the trip down to Overton.
It was Emily's first time in Nevada so we stopped to take some pictures. I felt like a tourist even though my real home is in Nevada.
We had some truck drivers pass by and honk at us. We felt really cool.
We got home that night and watched Parent Trap 3. My mom was so cute and put some pretty flowers in each of our bedrooms. Flowers make me happy. Saturday morning we took some pictures by mom's pretty flowers before we ate breakfast and took off for the fair.
My left eye looks funny... but I still like this picture.
Dad joined us for breakfast too. Mom cooked a delicious breakfast for us all.
Then we went to the fair. It was great as usual. Amanda Gubler came too.
This was in the small animal exhibit.
I love the baby pigs. They are so cute and I want one... but only if it doesn't grow up to be a big huge pig like the mom. My favorite pig is the little pink one in the middle.
We tried on some sweet Nike sunglasses.
And watched lots of shows.
Including the break dancers. They were pretty good. But the monsters that danced with them were a bit creepy. At the end of the show they invited all the kids to come up and dance. Of course I went up there! Emily, Amanda, Lexie, and I all showed off our sweet moves while being videotaped by all of the mom's.
Waiting for the Frankie Moreno Band.
This year at the fair they had a tent where you could pet manta rays and horseshoe crabs. It was cool, but not as cool as the Georgia Aquarium.
We all ate a funnel cake because they are so delicious.
The four of us all together. We were all best friends in high school. Ignore Carlie's brother in law jumping in the back. Oh and this jewelry was super cute and cheap. Mom and I bought some.
Later that day we went to the rodeo. I love the rodeo. It makes me wish I had a legit cowgirl hat. There was a new rodeo clown this year and he wasn't all that great. He did crack a few good jokes and is a pretty good dancer on stilts.
I just love my mom and dad. They were so nice and bought all of our tickets. Thanks for being so generous, I know we all appreciated it.

Waiting in line for the Zipper. It is seriously the best ride at the fair.

Our scared faces.
We went to church and then ate a yummy dinner/lunch. I blew out my candle for my birthday and ate some poppy seed bread.

And then it was back to Provo for finals week.

4 comments:

cassidy said...

That looks like such a fun trip! I miss the fair. That's fun that your roommates got to come down too. How nice of Mom and Dad to buy everyone tickets!! Oh and I like your pics by the Nevada sign.

Jolynn said...

That was really fun to have you all here. I'm glad everyone noticed the flower touch. They were just so cute, I thought it would be nice cause I love flowers too. I'm glad everyone enjoyed the weekend!!

hillari said...

What a fun trip! You guys look super cute. Member when me and you bought some sunglasses at the fair a couple of years ago? Those rocked. That's so funny and cool that the truck drivers honked at you guys!

holli jo said...

You guys did so many fun things! I wish we could have been able to come to the fair this year - John's still never been to it. And Georgia Aquarium definitely looks cooler than that!! Ha ha. Oh, and I remember that dancing monster from the last time I went to the fair.

I'm glad you guys got to go and have a good time.