11 years ago
Wednesday, April 14, 2010
Snowboarding
So after Lexie's bridal shower I went snowboarding with Levi. It was my first time ever snowboarding and I was really excited. Since I hate winter, I also hate winter clothes. That means I had to borrow snow pants, gloves, a jacket and goggles from my friend Madison. I did however have a beanie. We went to Sundance to get the night skiing deal they have.
I didn't realize how difficult snowboarding is. Before you get on the lift you strap one foot to the snowboard and then have to get to the lift. I almost fell over, it is hard trying to walk/slide/balance your way over to the ski lift. Especially when everyone else just snowboards over to it. This is my first time on a ski lift. We put the safety bar down so I wouldn' t fall out.
I'm so excited!
So basically I fell getting off the lift every single time, a couple times they stopped the lift to wait for me to get out of the way. After I got both feet strapped to my board it was time to go. But it wasn't that easy. I didn't stand up for about the first 20 minutes, I just slid down on my bum. I could not stand up from a sitting position, only a kneeling position. I am convinced this was due to my pants being tight. I even unbuttoned them but that didn't help much. Here I am in all my glory... actually standing up.
I fell too many times to count, even face planted it a few times. My bum hurt, my wrists hurt, and my legs hurt half way through the night.
So I actually never used my goggles because I felt like I couldn't see when I was wearing them. But we took a picture to make it look like I am cool.
Then we saw these two love birds behind us. Lexie and Seth decided to go snowboarding too. It was fun to see them.
We took lots of breaks sitting or laying down on the slopes.
And then I fell again getting off the lift and got hurt. Since my foot was strapped to my board, my knee and ankle twisted funny. It wasn't very serious but I decided I better not board back down knowing how much I fall. So I rode the snowmobile back down with some guy who took me to the first aid center. It was kind of cool.
We got back to Provo and watched Seventeen Again. That night all I dreamed about was snowboarding... weird. Oh and here is a little video me snowboarding.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Well it looks like fun until you got hurt. I can't believe you were so brave to even go snowboarding! And the video was super cool. You are a cute snow bunny!
I should have left my snow clothes with you when we moved! I had pants, a good jacket, and gloves! Maybe you could dig through our stuff sometime and get it so you could go snowboarding next winter. Anyways, it looks pretty fun! I think I would keep falling too. Getting off the lifts is hard even without being strapped into a snowboard. Cool video, you look like a pro!
Dear Lexi, you are pretty! Seriously, I love these pictures of you! Looks like a lot of fun. Funny that you saw a couple of lovebirds right behind you. :)
Sweet video Lexi! Snowboarding is probably the #1 thing that I miss about Utah, so I'm glad that you are taking advantage of it while you can. Don't worry about falling, that is how you get better. My old roommate who taught me how to snowboard used to get mad at me if I went all day without falling because he said it meant that I wasn't "riding hard enough."
Post a Comment