Wednesday, December 3, 2008

catching up

So it has been quite some time since I have posted. I have been pretty busy. I will need to do some catching up.

My friends Stephanie and Merideth came up to Provo to visit us. They are both in St. George going to Dixie. Stephanie took ballet classes in high school and I actually went to one of her performances. Well she wanted to go see Ballet West perform The Tempest.

So the second they got here we changed into a more proper attire and headed for the Capitol Theatre in Salt Lake. I had to drive so we would have enough seat belts. And lets just say I don't like driving in Salt Lake. Especially when there is a jazz game the same night, hence lots of traffic and no one else in the car knows how to get around in Salt Lake. I survived though. And it was worth the stressful drive to see the ballet. We thought we weren't going to get there in time to get tickets because we didn't anticipate all the traffic. But we were lucky... the show started a half hour later than we thought! Here is Stephanie and Lexie with our tickets.
I mostly just like the creepy lady behind me.
We are all poor students so we had to get the cheapest tickets available. And they weren't even that cheap. I believe the tickets were $17 and we were in the nose bleed section. The wall in this picture is the very back and top of the theatre. But we still could see the dancers and they did a wonderful job. I really enjoyed the show, but I don't know if I could say the same for Merideth.
The next morning we had a french toast breakfast with our friend Amanda. Then we all went to the last home football game. Stephanie was a true cougar. I think she was wearing more BYU gear than me. After the football game Merideth and I made dinner. We made something called glamorized hamburgers. They were really good.

Sunday morning Stephanie came to church with us. She left after sacrament meeting so they could head back to St. George. I had such a fun weekend with my friends. And now I want to go see the Nutcracker.

4 comments:

Jolynn said...

That looks like you had such a fun weekend. I'm not surprised Mer didn't enjoy the ballet that much. She doesn't seem like the type that would. I'm glad you managed to get around Salt Lake! You did see Lizzie in the Nutcracker with us didn't you?

cassidy said...

Wow, I can't believe you drove in Salt Lake! Remember when I tried to drive to the State Fairgrounds for Warped Tour and got completely lost? Good for you.

The ballet sounds fun. But I'm really curious...what are "glamorized hamburgers?" They sound divalicious.

hillari said...

I know, I'm wondering about these glamorized hamburgers as well. I've never been to the ballet before--that sounds pretty fun. I always wanted to see Lizzie. Looks like you had a fun weekend! And I agree about driving in Salt Lake, if I don't know exactly where I'm going down to the last turn, I get stressed out.

Lexi said...

mom. i did see lizzie in the nutcracher! and it was fun

and im not really sure why they are called glamorized hamburgers. but you just cook the hamburgers. then put them in a pan and cover them with this sauce stuff. then you bake it in the oven and eat them. they were good.