Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Thankgiving and Things

As I am sure you all know, we went to Phoenix for Thanksgiving this year. It was a lot of fun and everything turned out great. Hillari's house was decorated cute and the food was delicious. I think the highlight of the weekend was shopping on black Friday. It was my first time ever doing it. We woke up at 4 in the morning to get in line at Walmart. We were all in different parts of the store so it was fun to call and talk on the phone to assess our finds. I decided to buy myself a new camera while shopping. I bought a Nikon coolpix. I really like it.
Here is a picture of me and Finley taken with my new camera. She is wearing the leggings I picked up for her here in Provo. Me and Hilli after a long, hard day of shopping. Everyone else took a nap after shopping except for me and Sareny. We watched Camp Rock instead of taking a nap!
Our traditional gingerbread house making. Here is Mom and Dad.

I just like Isaac's big cheeks.

We went back to Overton on Saturday. I had a pair of favorite jeans that I made my Mom patch many times in the bum. I finally came to the realization that it was time to let them go after I ripped a big hole all across the bum sledding last winter. So I am making a quilt with them! I think it will probably be an heirloom. Sadly I have only completed one row. I have lots to do still. But here is what it will hopefully look like when completed.


I left on Sunday morning after I made a cute craft (Mom helped) and after Mom painted my fingernails. I loaded up my car with lots of Christmas decorations for my apartment and left for Provo. On my way I stopped and Grandma Q's house and saw Gina and her kids. Grandma gave me some yummy left overs to eat too. Here is me and Mom before I left.

3 comments:

hillari said...

I want to make a cool craft! Also, your quilt is very cute. It will def be an heirloom. I look gross in those pickies. Good think I am losing weight. We had lots of fun, huh.

Jolynn said...

We did have fun at Hill's didn't we? The black Friday shopping really was pretty fun, but I'm not so sure about all the "bargains" we got. But we had fun doing it. I too look gross in the pics. No fair that on Sunday I didn't yet have makup on and you did, so you look beautiful, of course. Your quilt will most certainly be an heirloom! I'm glad we made the craft too. Sorry Hill, we didn't have time at your place.

cassidy said...

Cute pics. I too am curious at how much of a "bargain" it was to do the whole Black Friday thing. I think I would have rationalized myself into buying things I didn't need. But it does kind of sound like you guys had fun. I love those leggings you got for Finley. Sup cute. I want to see a pickie of your craft. Or better yet, one of your decorated apartment!