Saturday, March 3, 2012

Visit to Utah

In January I went with mom and dad to visit family in Utah. We stopped at Grandma Keel's house for the night. The next morning grandma made us all breakfast. I always love how both grandma Keel and grandma Q make breakfast every morning. Uncle Mike took me on an adventure in Fillmore to meet a guy. It was quite entertaining.
Then we went to Scipio/Richfield to visit grandma and grandpa Q. Grandpa had bypass surgery about a week before. We spent a lot of time at the recovery place he was staying at. It was a really nice facility and they seemed to be taking good care of grandpa. He was doing a lot better than most other patients, so it was nice to see him getting better. He had his meals brought to him along with medications, and he had physical therapy everyday. Grandpa was able to get out of his chair without using his arms and without any help the second day we visited, which was awesome.
We took Grandma home for the night and helped her get some things done around the house. Oh, and grandma got a cute new hair cute so we helped her style it in the morning. Grandma, mom, and I walked around the halls at the recovery place and took a look around. There was a salon and a library. It got slightly boring just sitting in grandpa's little room. One day there was a craft scheduled and we were excited to do it. But we unfortunately had to leave before it started.
On the way back home, it started snowing. It made me glad to be out of Utah.

4 comments:

holli jo said...

You look super cute in the pictures, Doozie, and that's really fun you got to see our grandparents. I miss them.

Jolynn said...

You do look super cute, and it was so nice to get to see the grandparents on both sides. I was especially glad to get to see my Dad, and know that he was doing so good.

cassidy said...

I wish I could have seen my grandparents!! That was nice of you guys to make the trip up there, I'm sure Grandpa really liked seeing you.

hillari said...

That's cool that you got to see both grandparents. I can't believe how well Grandpa Q was doing at that point--that's really good.