Saturday, March 17, 2012

Week of being mom

Hillari and Keith went to Hawaii for a week, and left me as a single mom of three. It was fun and boring at the same time, and a learning experience for sure. Hillari arranged babysitters so I could go to all my singles activities during the week. My motherhood started on Valentine's day getting Sareny ready for school.
Finley and I cut and colored Valentine's hearts while Sareny and Isaac were at school.
When Isaac got back we made sugar cookies. Isaac had to wear Sareny's apron and said, "Why do I have to wear a girl one?"
I think they had fun and Fin got flour all over.
For dinner we had pink pancakes, pink eggs, strawberries, and bacon. Notice Isaac is still wearing his girl apron!
The week was full of cooking, cleaning, wiping bums, playing, and cleaning up potty pants. On President's day, we went to the lake to feed the ducks and play.
I was worried the ducks would poop in my purse because Fin was standing so close to it.
After we used all the bread, the kids had fun chasing the ducks back into the water.
Sareny took this picture of me and the kids. Unfortunately our trip to the lake was cut short when someone pottied in her pants.
I was glad when the real mom and dad got back from their trip.

4 comments:

hillari said...

Well, you really do describe motherhood pretty well--fun and boring. And hard too. I can't believe how good you did taking care of the kids while we were gone! That was seriously so awesome! Thanks a ton.

christensen said...

I wish I could post a video as my comment, but I'll just have to tell you instead. Nice mom jeans!Now I know who to call when we have a baby and need a sitter for the week.

cassidy said...

I can't believe you did that for Hill Bill! You are a super nice Tia. It sounds like you guys did lots of fun things when you were the mom. But Fin and all her pottying in her pants! So naughty.

Jolynn said...

I think you were an awesome Mom! Hill and Keith are very lucky you were there to hold down the fort. And just to put up with Fin and her potty panties 24/7 would have done most people in. That girl! Isaac is cute in his girl apron, and Sareny is starting to look like such a biggie girl!