Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Camping in Midway

On Labor Day we decided we needed to do something fun before school started and all freedom is lost. Tyler, Mike, Seth, Lexie, and I decided to go camping. So Sunday night we drove to Park City to go see the Mustang car show. Mike loves Mustangs and it was fun walking around the show. Some of the cars were really cool. Then we went to Midway to eat and sleep. We ate at some place called Granny's and got hamburgers. It was pretty good.

After dinner we went and set up our tent and got everything ready. But then the zipper on the tent door broke. Keep in mind it was raining the entire time we were there. We improvised with a towel, but it didn't work all that well. We were watching a movie on Seth's laptop when everything in the tent got soaked. My sleeping bag was super wet and so was Lexie's. So Mike gave me his sleeping bag and Lexie took Seth's. They slept in the car which is what Lexie and I should have done. I stayed dry for the most part and I was warm. Water would drip on my face every now and then. And I was sleeping on a slant, not the most comfortable thing to do. I would wake up and be right at the edge of the tent. The next morning we went to a park and played around. When we got back to Provo I had hot chocolate and took a long nap.

On the way to Park City.
My favorite car at the car show.
In front of our tent.
Our tent in the morning.
I just woke up so I look gross, but these are my new glasses.
All of us at the park.
So that was our trip. Kind of miserable but still really fun. And also Seth's laptop no longer works. We think its because water got on it. Well he has a Dell and I just hate Dell. So good luck to Seth with getting his computer fixed.

4 comments:

Jolynn said...

Well I guess you're young enough that the campout might have been fun, but it doesn't sound all that great to me. (or look it either!) It seems like it would always rain when I used to go camping, and that would just ruin it for me. As you know, I hate to be cold and wet. And I think you look cute in your new glasses! I'm glad you had a fun (sort of) weekend!

hillari said...

Were you all sleeping in the same tent? I was sure Grammy Jo would have something to say about that! I'm glad you have such good friends. I like the glasses too.

cassidy said...

yeah the glasses are cute. The camping sounds a little bit miserable, but at least you were with friends. I was also thinking along the same lines as Hilli...sleeping in the same tent as boys????

John R. said...

I caught that the boys were sleeping in the car...which, yes, you and Lexie should have been doing if you were miz...with them in the tent, of course. ;)

And yes, Dell (along with most PCs) stink. Tell your buddy to get a Mac. :)