The pirates were invited back to the Sollenberger Classic this year. I had to ride the football bus back to Arizona because of the whole dentist/cavity thing. The team stayed at the Biltmore again, which is pretty awesome. We spent the first afternoon swimming at the pool. The football team got to watch the Cardinals play the night before the Sollenberger. Dad had some extra tickets, so Scott and I went to the game too.
It was my first professional football game. Mom and dad had to leave at half time to head back to the Biltmore.
We went swimming again the next day.
The pool is really quite fun, especially the slide. We got really good at the slide and I taught everyone the secrets of going down fast. This is a horrible picture of me coming off the slide.Isaac wanted Grammy Jo to go down the slide, but everyday she said she didn't to because she want to get her hair wet. Which was a bummer because she missed out. Isaac tried to solve the problem by splashing Grammy's hair so it would already be wet for the slide. He is a silly boy.
It was kind of an ordeal to get into the game because the workers were being a little difficult. But we finally got in. Scott didn't come to the game, and I can't remember why not.
The coach did a great job. And this coach in particular was the best!
The pirates lined up for the snap. We played Blue Ridge, who beat Show Low (the team we beat last year) at state. I think it would be so awesome to play in a professional stadium in high school.
Since we had sideline passes, we could go onto the field during the game. Hillari made me go with her so she could take pictures. I jokingly said we should go down and hold the camera out to take pictures of ourselves on the field, while the pirate fans wonder why we are down there. And it turns out, Hill made me take a picture of us for real. I was quite embarrassed.The pirates ended up losing the game 23-14. After the game, we went out with some of the coaches to eat. We wanted to eat at BJ's, but the wait was too long so we had to settle for pizza. Hopefully the Pirates can get invited to the Sollenberger again next year!
3 comments:
oh pweese, you know you loved that sideline picture! haha. plus also, nobody was paying us the slightest bit of attention. That was super fun, and hopefully the pi-ra-taes can come back next year...and then we can go to cooperstown for a BIG UNIT!!!
We were just talking with Dallas Larsen about the Big Unit a few minutes ago in a staff meeting, and we said that was at the top of the list of things to do if we go back next year! It has been so much fun going the last two years, and I hope we get to do it again. I promise if we do, I will get my darn hair wet and go down the slide.
FUN! I love that you guys started doing cheer poses on the slide! But weren't you barrased? Yes, Mom, next year you should go down the slide! P.S. The sideline pic is cute, and it's totally not as embarrassing as the preggo heart pic Hilli made me take with her at Hanauma Bay.
Post a Comment