Thursday, June 28, 2012

Baby Girl

Hillari was scheduled to be induced on April 30th.  That morning the hospital called to tell her they had a bed.  We were all up quickly getting ready.  I was getting Sareny ready for school, but I guess dad was supposed to do that.  I barely had time to change my clothes and brush my teeth.  I did my makeup in the car on the way to the hospital.   Hillari had been hooked up to the medicine for a while and actually told the nurse she was bored and asked if she speed things up a bit!  While we were waiting for things to speed up, I styled Hillari's hair and freshened up her makeup for the birth. 
I was a little nervous being in the room for delivery, so I stayed by Hilli's head.  After one push the doctor said no more and the baby was out in seconds.  By the time I was brave enough to look, Keeley was already born!  But I did get to cut the cord, which was cool.  My first time holding my new niece!
John Ron was in Phoenix for some family stuff and was able to come visit at the hospital.  It was fun to see him, since they live so far away!
A couple days later Sareny's school invited parents to come eat breakfast at the school for pastries with parents.  Grammy Jo and I subbed as Sareny's parents and had a nice time.

4 comments:

cassidy said...

That's so fun that you got to be there for Keeley's birth! But I hope Hilli's experience didn't give you a false impression of labor and delivery. It's not usually that easy! It's pretty cool that you got to cut the umbilical cord, though. And that was nice of you and Grammy to sub as Sareny's parents for the little breakfast!

Jolynn said...

And it was nice of Grammy to let Lexi cut the cord, cuz I was supposed to, but I knew she wanted to so I let her! It was really special that I got to be there for Keeley's birth! She is a beautiful little baby. It did seem like a pretty easy delivery. Hill is lucky that way.

holli jo said...

It's awesome you got to be there, but I still can't believe you wanted to cut the cord.

hillari said...

That was fun to have you guys there, and it was an amazingly easy labor and delivery. I did like having my own stylist there. It was also nice to have you guys go to that little breakfast thing with Sareny!