Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Snott's Berry Farm

In April Scott planned a trip to California with his younger brother and sister, and invited me along.  I knew we were going to California, but the rest was a surprise until we got there.  It was the weekend before Keeley was born.  Hillari and I told Scott if she was born while I was gone that we would punch him in the face!  We are so nice!  We left Friday morning and went to the beach with some of Scott's friends.  The water was freezing, so I only put my legs in.
 That night we stayed at one of Scott's mission companion's house.   Elise and I slept on the bunk beds and stayed up really late!  The next day we went to Knott's Berry Farm!
 I had a good time, and was happy to see it wasn't as lame as I remember from a long time ago.  It still in no way competes with the magic of Disneyland though.  We went on lots of roller coasters, and I made everyone ride on the ferris wheel just for fun.  I rode with Elise and Scott rode with Keaton.
 We waited in lots of lines and stayed at the park until closing.
We then had a really long drive back to AZ.  I thought we would get back maybe at 2 am, but Scott got tired so we had to stop and take a nap at a rest stop.  I got back home Sunday morning at 7 am as Hill and Keith were getting ready for church.  It's a good thing my church starts at 2 pm so I could sleep for a few hours!

4 comments:

hillari said...

my wordy young lady, if I was your mom, you would be grounded! haha, shoting. Looks like a fun trip. Sad that you didn't get to ride the ferris wheel with Scotty though...

cassidy said...

That looks like a fun trip! Too bad the beach was too cold to swim. But I'm glad Knott's Berry Farm wasn't lame. Who are those other peeps that were with you, though? You never explained to those of us who don't know...

Lexi said...

oh i added it now so peeps know. it is scott's younger brother and sister.

Jolynn said...

Well, when I heard about this trip and you getting home at 7 a.m., I was outraged! But I am glad Scott had the good sense to stop and sleep when he got tired. It sounds like a really fun trip though, and I'm glad you got to go to Snotts again and see that it isn't as "Clark County Fair Carnival" as we thought.