Technically I graduated from BYU December 2011, but had my graduation ceremonies April 2012. Commencement was April 19. Kind of lame I had to wait 4 months, but really no one would enjoy graduation in December with all the snow and freezing cold.
Mom and I had a little trouble getting my cap and gown. A friend in the business said he would give it to me for free as a graduation gift. It turned out to be a little sketchy when a guy told us to meet him in the lobby of the Hinckley Center and he would get me my cap and gown.It was really overcast and it started raining when we were taking the classic graduation pictures by the BYU signs.
The rain made half of my hair go flat and it looked kind of silly with half my hair curled.
I like the foggy "Y" and mountain in the background of this picture. It reminds me of going to school during the winter semester because it is gloomy the entire semester.
Graduation included a lot of waiting. I had to wait in a parking lot for an hour before commencement started. But I found some friends to talk to so it wasn't so bad. Elsie and I were roommates and became really good friends.
I saw Chad there too. He is from my physical education major. Later we saw some other friends from our major.
It took forever to finally get inside the Marriott Center. The processional was really slow with close to 6,000 graduates. I saw mom and dad on my way in, so I called to tell them. It took them awhile to find me, but they finally did. I loved when Cecil had all the graduates stand and everyone applaud us! Dallin H. Oaks was the speaker and he did a wonderful job.
After the ceremony I saw my friend Jared. We were in the same ward and had a Doctrine and Covenants class together.
Grandma Keel and Frank were able to come, and it was really nice to see them.
That night I had a sleepover with all my old roommates.
They made me a birthday cake and sang to me.
We had a blast watching movies and staying up way too late talking. The next morning I had to wake up really early for Convocation.

3 comments:
Yay Doozie! Your graduation sounds pretty cool. I don't even remember who spoke at mine. I like all your glamour shots by the coug and the Y! That's fun that you got to see people you knew and then have a sleepover with your old roomies!
I know--good thing you documented things like who spoke at your gradiation so you can always remember. I like your cheesy photo shoot too! Wish I would have done that. Congrats! Now you just need to find a job.
Wow, I can't believe the last of the Keel kids have graduated from BYU! I am so proud to be able to say that! I always wanted my kids, especially my girls, to graduate from university, since I never got to. Way to go Lexi Lou! It was fun to be at your graduation with you. But we never got to have treats at the Creamery!!!!
Post a Comment