Sunday, May 31, 2009

Memorial Day.

On memorial day I decided to make a trip to Fillmore and Scipio. I mostly wanted to put flowers on my grandpas grave. Grandma and Frank waited up for me and then we all went together. Aunt Lola was there too. You cant really see all the pretty flowers because they are behind the headstone, but I wanted a picture of the front of it. There is a wet spot on the head stone because Frank cleaned it off and that small act made me appreciate him a little bit more. I miss my grandpa and cant wait for the happy reunion we will have.
We went back to grandma's house and I helped her fix some lunch. It was very good.
After Fillmore I stopped to visit in Scipio. I kind of crashed a party, and was forced to eat another lunch. It also was very good, but I ate too much food. I got to visit with my grandparents, aunt Shelley, and some other people too. It was fun.
Everyone knows you cant stop in Scipio without taking some picture out in the garden! Grandma's flowers were so pretty.

Me and my grandparents.
And with aunt Shelley.

When I got back to Provo we had a Relief Society pajama party. We played a get to know you game and had banana splits. It was a very good day.

4 comments:

cassidy said...

That was such a good idea to put some flowers at Grandpa's headstone for Memorial Day! I don't know why we didn't do that when I lived in Provo. You look cute in all your pics! That's fun that you got to see Grandparents and family. And your Relief Society PJ party sounds fun!

Jolynn said...

You look so cute in the pictures. Grandma Q. went on and on about how cute they thought you were. I'm so glad that you paid tribute to your Grandpa and put some flowers on his grave. Wish we could have been there too! Even though you had to eat two lunches, it sounds like such a fun day.

holli jo said...

You ARE super cute! I'm glad you got to go put flowers on Grandpa's grave. That was really nice. And I guess we can concede that Frank has his good points...

You got some great pics of Grandma's garden. It sounds like an overall great day. Now it's time to get shredding! I'm with you on that, so let's do it!

hillari said...

very cute pics. thanks for honoring our veteran! I'm glad you got to see everyone, it sounds nice.