This purse made me want to give up sewing completely. I got the book One Yard Wonders from the library to get the pattern. And to start of this horrible experience, mom and I could not figure out a way to get all the pieces to fit on one yard of fabric (which is what the pattern said). We ended up making the straps shorter to make it work.
Basically every step in this pattern was a pain. It got to the point where I didn't want to even look at or finish the purse. And you know what I found out after I made this... that the authors knew the pattern sucked and redid it on their website. Thanks One Yard Wonders for making my life harder than it needed to be.
Seriously I would not have been able to make this with out my mom, so props to her. The purse turned out, and now I use it everyday.
3 comments:
I still love that purse though, even if it was a pain in the patootie. We still had fun whining and complaining about it the whole time we were making it, right?
It's too bad the pattern was so crappy, but it is SO cute! I'm glad you and Mom stuck with it. Make me one! Ha ha, just kidding.
It did turn out cute, despite the crappy pattern makers. That sounds like an interesting book, although if that pattern was so horrid, maybe not. Your fabric is quite fab, though. I kind of miss your old banner with little Sareny Agnes.
Post a Comment