After I checked out of my apartment, I loaded up my car to go home for a visit. I made sure the plants were safely buckled in for the drive.

I was in Overton for a few days. I went to stake conference, did p90x with mom, went shopping with mom, ate lunch at the high school school with mom, sewed a purse with mom (picture to come soon), watched movies, cooked/ate delish food, did my laundry, tried to feed carrots to Hopper Elise (mom and dad's pet rabbit that lives in the back yard), ate dad's popcorn, painted my nails, and other stuff too. Dad was gone lots of the time at football practice, and most nights had to eat dinner after the evening practice because we didn't have it ready soon enough :( Then early on Thursday morning we left for Phoenix with the dad's football team. They were invited to play in the Sollenberger Classic at the University of Phoenix where the Cardinals play.

We stayed at the Arizona Biltmore. It was fun to be at such a nice hotel. When we got there, the Fallstrom's came over and we went swimming in the pool. The kids and I took showers in our swimming suits, I fixed Isaac's hair in a faux hawk, and we went out to eat dinner.

That night I went back with Hillari and stayed at her house. We stayed up way too late playing their new piano and woke up early to work out with Jillian Michaels. We went back to the Biltmore to go swimming again.

We went down the water slide lots of times.

I tried to convince Finley to go down the slide with me, but she was concerned about water getting on her face (even though she swims with her head underwater). Finally, Hillari took her down and she couldn't get enough of it. What a silly girl.

Getting out of the pool to get back in line for the slide.

That night there was a banquet at the stadium for the teams that where playing the next night. We got a tour of the stadium before the banquet started. And looking at these pictures I realized mom and I match... which was not planned.

It was pretty cool to be down on the field. The stadium was really big. And the field actually moves in and out of the stadium for games.

All the coaches in the visitors locker room. I'm sure dad was loving this tour.

Mom had just bought new shoes the day before and decided to wear them. She got some blisters right away. I had a band-aid in my purse so we went into the athletic training room to try to fix her up. But the band-aid didn't stay on for very long, and then I got a blister too.

The stadium from higher up. I'm glad I got to tag along with mom, dad, and the team.

At the banquet, we had to listen to some important people talk before we got to eat. For dinner there were some delicious looking green beans, so mom and I took a good size helping of them. But they were the most disgusting green beans I have ever tasted. I threw them all away.

After dinner we got to hear from former NFL player Randall Mcdaniel. He is an elementary school teacher now and spoke about education and football. Then there was a question and answer session where you could stand up and ask him a question. I had a few I wanted to ask, but I was too scared. But I did have him sign my shirt, he was a really nice guy and very entertaining. After when we were looking at his signature, we had to ask dad what HOF means. It means Hall of Fame.

Watching the game was fun. Finley came over to me and said, "I want to pway wiff you!" So she played with me the whole game while I tried to watch. Kind of funny how a few years ago she would start crying if I even looked at her.

John's dad came to the game and watched with us. It was good to see him again and he bought us popcorn to all share. He is always such a nice guy. I really like this picture of Dad focusing on the game and the players lined up on the field.

Sareny and I are friends.

And in the end the Pirates beat the Show Low Cougars 28 to 26. We had sideline passes (and one for John) and went down on the field after we won. We were all excited and proud of the coach of course.

Dad with the trophy.

After the game we went out to celebrate and eat. The team got dropped off at Mcdonald's and Subway. We didn't find either options to be a satisfactory celebration meal so we went to Cracker Barrel instead. The next morning we were back on the bus to go back home.

I was a little sad I had to leave the next day for Provo. But stuck around for awhile because I had started a book on mom's kindle and had to finish it before I left. I got back to my new apartment with hardly any food and all my stuff was packed away at Jake's house. I am all moved in now though.
5 comments:
That trip looks so fun!! The Biltmore Hotel looks way cool - the slide looks fun. I'm glad the Fallstroms got to hang out with you guys, but I'm jealous that we couldn't hang out with ya's to. And it's awesome that the team won.
That was seriously way more awesome than I would have ever imagined it to be! The Biltmore was so cool, and we had lots of fun sliding and swimming. I think the team winning (against some steep odds, too) made it even cooler.
I'm so glad you got to come home and stay awhile. We had lots of fun doing P90X and shopping and all that. And I'm glad you got to go to the game in Phoenix with us. That was a way fun trip. I'm sure we'll always remember it. I was almost as bad as Fin about the slide, if you recall. I didn't want to go down it either. Then when I did, I loved it! Hahaha.
Can I just say I seriously laughed out loud for some reason when I read about the green beans... that was funny to me. Sounds like the Kills are doing good!
How come your plants buckled in and came with you for the ride? It looks like you guys had tons of fun. I wish we could have come to the game with everyone. Looked like a lot of fun, especially since they won the game! I'm glad you guys got to see John's dad, too.
Post a Comment