Saturday, May 14, 2011

Pat's Run

I firmly believe finals week is a week for fun, not finals! So I took a trip to Goodyear with Amanda, and missed the first day of finals.
We drove to Overton Thursday afternoon where we all celebrated my birthday again! I chose a birthday dinner, ate cake, and opened presents. The next morning we drove to Goodyear. We only got lost once, which added about an hour onto our drive. We woke up early race day morning to drive to the ASU stadium. I wore the running shirt my dad got me for my birthday, which resulted in an all pink outfit! Before the race we walked around all the booths and got some free Jamba Juice.
Amanda and I secretly have these awesome bodies. I also think Amanda might have been slightly embarrassed to take this picture.
The race was awesome, minus the fact that our start wave started a whole 40 minutes after the first wave. I was shocked at how many people got to the start line and walked... like a really slow walked. I think walking is great, but when you are in a race I would expect people to walk a little faster. Here we are after the race.
The race course was packed with 22,000 runners, and I was constantly weaving in and out of people. Sometimes I had to walk to wait for an opening, but all the weaving took my mind off running and how tired I was.
After our race, Sareny and Isaac did the .42 mile kids race. Sareny wanted me to run with her, so Amanda ran with Isaac. Sareny started the race at a sprint and I had to try to keep up with her after just running 4.2 miles. We are in the picture holding hands running onto the field to finish.
When the kids race was finished the football players signed the kids shirts.
All of them were very nice to the kids too. I mostly just wanted a picture with a football player so I used Sareny and Isaac as my way in, although I have no idea who this player is.
I made Keith pull over so I could get a picture with the Goodyear sign, because Goodyear is so awesome.
We got back to the house and I took a nap on the couch while the kids watched a movie. I think Isaac was the only one who didn't fall asleep. He was sitting by me and would occasionally drool on my arm, ask me if the movie was funny, or tickle me all while I was sleeping, or trying to sleep. We painted nails after our long nap. Sareny gave me specific instructions to paint every nail 2 colors and none of the colors were allowed to be repeated. That is 20 different colors on her nails!
I painted my nails with purple glitter that I just took off earlier this week. Finley loved Amanda during this trip, and gave Amanda orders on nail painting too.
That evening we all walked up to the star tower near the Fallstrom's house. It was actually pretty cool and we had fun taking some awesome teen model pictures.
I got directions back to Provo from Keith, and there was a starred note at the bottom that told me to buy a map. So I did, and I am proud to say Amanda and I did not get lost on the way back, but my tire almost popped. I drove 3 hours with a broken tire and I didn't even know it. That night, Cameron and Dallas helped to put the spare on so I could get some new ones the next day.

4 comments:

Jolynn said...

That made me want to do Pat's run again! Next year for sure! I'm glad you and Amanda got to go, and had so much fun. You two have quite the bods in those bakini's. I can't imagine how gaudy Sare's nails must have looked! I'm glad you made it home safely with that bad tire too! Someone was definitely watching out for you.

hillari said...

This post disapeared yesterday, so I am finally getting around to commenting. We had so much fun! Glad you guys came, and I liked both of your pink gear. I like that close up of Fin at the bottom! But where are your teen model pics??

cassidy said...

I am also wondering where the teen mod pics are...

But I do love the one of you and Amanda in those skimpy bikinis - lolsies. (Can I say that?)

It really does look like you all had SO much fun at Pat's Run.

Jolynn said...

I'm glad you persevered and went to Pat's Run even though I tried to discourage you (only because I was worried about you driving so far on lonely roads!) And I was right to worry, apparently, what with the tire incident. But you accomplished something good and had fun doing it, so good for you! You look super cute in your pink gear.