Thursday, August 20, 2009

Party in Overton

When we got back from build a bear we went on a ranger ride. It was fun and we went up a really steep hill. I was scared. But we made it.
Saturday we decided to hit up the Overton pool. Can you believe they took the diving board out? We had fun playing simon says. Sareny ended up being simon the whole time and she made us swim across the short length of the pool with no breaths. One of the lifegaurds even got in on the action.
Lexie forgot to bring a swimming suit so she had to wear one of Cassidy's lifegaurd suits. Don't worry I washed it when we were done.
After swimming I went to my friend Stephanie's wedding reception. I can't believe she is married but she looked beautiful.
Unfortunately I didn't catch the bouquet.
Sunday the Noto's came over for dessert. It was fun to see them.
I worked on my quilt all weekend and I finally finished it. Mom helped me a little bit.
Sewing away.
The finished product. It only took me a year to finish. I worked on it every time I came home.
This picture shows what the back looks like.

4 comments:

hillari said...

I like how you said it "only" took you a year--that's kind of funny. But since you hardly ever got to work on it, it's totally understandable. Super cute!
We had fun at the old Overton pool with you guys. And the Ranger was pretty fun. Too bad we missed seeing the Noto's though. A fun weekend!

cassidy said...

How lame that the Overton pool has no diving board!! But it sounds like you guys still had lots of fun playing Simon Says. Your quilt is super cute! I can't believe you already finished it, since you only worked on it when you were on trips home! You should work on my denim quilt when you guys come visit, haha. It looks like you had a really fun trip home!

hillari said...

PS--you need to change the post date and time, or peeps might not see this. It says you published it last night. Go in to edit, and it is under post options.

Jolynn said...

I think you did a super job on your quilt and I am very proud of you for finishing it! And it really didn't take a year, since you only worked on it a few times here and there. We had such a fun week and weekend with you and the Fallstrom's here!