Hillari and I decided to take a trip to Overton with the kids. We had to stop at Burger King on the way there for some gross food and kids meal toys that didn't work.
We found these grass skirts at grammy's, so I help Sareny and Finley put them on. Finley was dancing super cute in the bedroom, but got too embarrassed to dance for grammy and bampa.After church we went to the Leavitt's house to see the trees. We sat around and chatted with Christina for awhile. I would have loved playing in the trees as a kid. They were awesome.
I found my tea set while we were there, so Sareny and I decided to have a tea party with everyone. We dressed up in grammy's old hats and jewelry. We all wore some of grandma's clip on ear rings.
Keeley got to swing during the party.
We had Crystal Light, Perro, and finger sandwiches.
Finley had lots and lots of Crystal Light.
We took a trip into Vegas and stopped at the Nevada Natural History Museum. I carried the baby girl in the sling.
First we learned about parasites.
Hillari jumping onto a trap door to see how her jump compares to parasites. She sort of lost her balance because of the trap door. She fell forward and bruised her arms.
Finley was scared of the room full of dinosaurs because of a big t-rex that growled.
Baby girl slept most of the time in the museum.
Our last stop in the museum was to Africa. We saw lots of animals and found this little hut.
We ate dinner at Cheesecake Factory before heading to the Belagio. We walked around the gardens while we waited for the water show.
The kids loved the water show, so we watched it twice. While we waited for the second show we took a group picture.
We went swimming at the Logandale pool one day. We had a lot of fun jumping off the diving board even with slight swim suit malfunctions. Isaac decided he wanted to go off the diving board with pool noodles. So he grabbed 3 or 4 of them, marched over to the diving board and jumped off. It was quite funny to watch him do that. We played with water guns and sprayed the lifeguard on duty.
This picture is so funny... Finley wanted to do Isaac's hair, and Isaac is so thrilled about it.
One day we decided to set up the slip n slide in the yard. It was fun until I slid off the end of the slide and almost hit the fence. I got scratches from the grass all over my legs that itched really bad. Now I have little scars on my legs from the scratches.
Sareny and I tried to slide down together, and it didn't work too well. Bampa said we looked like a big walrus or somethingGrammy was in charge of Keeley and bamps was in charge of the hose.
I'm sure this baby girl wanted to have a go on the slip n slide!
Before we left Overton, we stopped at the high school to see grammy jo at work. Hilli decided to answer the phone while we were in the front office.
Grammy showed off the baby and took us to see the new gym foyer. Sareny found this cheer crap hanging on the wall and wanted a picture by it. We had such a fun trip to Overton!

3 comments:
Fun post Dooze. We had a pretty fun time with you guys all here. I didn't know the grass scarred you for life! I guess that's what you get for trying to do the slip and slide at your age. (although I guess Dad did it recently, so........ but then again, he cracked a rib doing it too, so I repeat, that's what you get!)I loved the tea party. We'll have to make the next one even better and really make the cucumber sandwiches this time.
So many funny things in the post. First off, those grass skirts are mine and Hill's from forever ago!
Also, you and Hill getting injured...kind of funny! Especially on the slip and slide - that's a classic way to get injured. :) (Rob Jacobsmeyer)
Anyway, cute pics.
You're a charms knocker for blogging this before me! I barely got my pics yesterday from you. "this cheerleading crap" made me laugh! haha. We managed to squeeze in lots of fun things on this trip
I can't believe you made me do the slip n slide, grammy jo is right! :)
Post a Comment