I went to Hawaii for Christmas and this is the first of a few posts. I went a week before my parents, so I was there for 2 weeks. The first week was filled with beaches, shopping, sight seeing, food, and Christmas movies. Monday and Tuesday were kind low-key. Monday we went to the beach when I got there, and Tuesday we went shopping and had a barbecue. Wednesday Cassidy, Truman, and I went to the Dole plantation. James was at work a lot so he missed some of the stuff we did. We all got a Dole whip (pineapple flavored ice cream) and it was delish.

Cassidy and I knew there was this train at the plantation and we didn't really plan on riding it. But Truman saw the train and got really excited. He said, "Look at that train! I want to ride it! That would be awesome!" So then we had to ride it!

The train ride was about 20 minutes long.

We went by lots of different plants, pineapple fields, and a big pond. Then we got a piece of pineapple at the end.

And we took our picture in this cut out before we left.

We continued on to the north shore where we stopped at this beach that seems to always have sea turtles sunning on the beach.

Then went to Chun's beach to eat lunch and hang out.

It was a nice beach, but the water was cold so I didn't swim much.

Truman loves playing with his trucks and shovels at the beach. We played hide and seek too.

The next day Cassidy dropped me off at Waikiki. I laid on the beach and read magazines and went swimming. And then I snuck in to the Hilton Hawaiian Village pool to lay on a lounge chair. Cass and I were in charge of some big stuff this Christmas, like making the santa pinata.

It didn't turn out as good as mom's does, but it turned out to be good for our first time making it.

After going to the north shore (Waimea Bay) on Friday, we went with some friends to see the Pearl Harbor Christmas lights. We rode on a boat to see all the ships and submarines decorated with lights. The lights weren't that spectacular, but it was still fun seeing them and singing Christmas songs on the boat.

We went to the museum so Tru could see airplanes and ships. There was this scuba helmet you could put your head in. I can't believe people actually wore this huge metal scuba helmet. Also it smelled like gross metal inside.

Saturday James and I hiked Koko Head. The trail is an old railroad track that goes straight up the side to bring supplies to build bunkers. The wood beams are now like stairs.

The hike starts out pretty easy. But then you get to this bridge where you have to walk across the beams maybe 15 feet above the ground. After the bridge the hike gets really hard and gets really steep. But the view from the top was amazing. I think Koko crater is behind me in this picture.

James and I ate lunch at the top and then made our way back down. We stopped to take a picture with Hanauma Bay in the background.

That night Cass and I attempted to make poppyseed bread (another part of Christmas we were in charge of). We didn't cook it long enough and dumped it out of the pan too soon. So we tried to put it back in the pan to cook some more. In the end, the middle was still undercooked and kind of gross. But I still ate it.

I love the church building Cassidy and James go to. It is seriously cool. It has a pretty courtyard, mosaic of Christ, and this reflection pool. And I got a yarn lei from Relief Society.

Sunday evening we went to the stake Christmas concert. James stayed home with Tru, and for some reason Cass and I changed out of our skirts and into shorts. When we got to the concert there were missionaries everywhere. And I'm pretty sure they thought we were non members because they kept trying to give us stuff (like a book of mormon, pass along cards, pamphlets on the restored gospel). It was kind of funny and finally we just said we were members. Tru is such a funny little boy. I told him to smile and he made this funny smile face.

This day we went to some places I wanted to see. I like to watch Hawaii five-o, so I wanted to see the King Kamehameha statue in front of this building. This is the headquarters building on the show, and I cant remember what the building is really.

We decided to go in and tour the museum. We went to this old courtroom.

It was fun and just a few weeks ago I watched an episode of Hawaii five-o and they filmed a scene in this courtroom. Kind of cool.

Then Cassidy and I toured the Iolani Palace. James met us there to take Truman while we did the tour. It was really cool to see all the rooms and learn about them. The tour ends in the basement where you can see some royal jewelry, china, and the kitchen. There was a gift shop, so we went in and looked around. As we were leaving the cashier asked Cass and I if we are twins. This happens a lot, and I just don't see it.

2 comments:
That poppyseed bread! Or should I say poopyseed bread! I'm sad we ruined it, but it was so hilarious to make it and try to fix it. We did some fun things when you were here. I wish I wouldn't have been feeling so sick so I could have taken you to do more stuff. But that's super cool about that courtroom being on Hawaii Five-O!
You guys did a lot of stuff without us! (even though I told you not to) The poppyseed bread was pretty funny, actually. I guess no one can make it as good as me! haha. I'm jealous you got to tour Hawaii Five-O headquarters.
Post a Comment