Saturday, November 19, 2011

Fall Break

I had my first fall break this year since I am following the school district schedule instead of the BYU schedule. And we all know BYU lacks in having breaks during the semester. I decided to go home for my break and I left Wednesday after school. It happened to be homecoming week, so there was lots of fun stuff to do. I went to the high school volleyball game and watched Ashley Noto play, then I ran out to watch Megan Noto cheer at a football game. Thursday I had lunch at the high school with mom and dad. Later that night we watched the homecoming parade and assembly. Friday I went back to the high school and went to part of dad's health class. I was slightly disappointed to see they weren't on the sex ed unit. I also watched a P.E. class, as if I don't have enough P.E. in my life. I was asked to play in an alumni volleyball game against the varsity team. I was the youngest alumni on the team by many, many years, but it was still fun. And the alumni won, which made it even more fun. After my alumni game, mom and I went to her hair appointment, then ate a late lunch at Sugar's. Friday night was the big homecoming game.
The pirates were awesome and won 27 to 0.I crashed the coaches celebration party at the Hickman's after the game, and enjoyed eating waffles. Saturday was super busy. We went running/walking, made homemade bread, picked all the pomegranates, started some sewing projects, went to Mesquite to eat at a place called Samurai 21 (a Japanese place where they make the food at your table), and im sure we did other stuff too, I just can't remember. I left for Provo on Sunday after mom and I painted our nails with mom's new crackle nail polish. It was a much needed break from student teaching.

4 comments:

cassidy said...

My word, Doozie, you look so skinny skinny skinny! And your hair is so long and pretty. That sounds like a super fun fall break. I'm jealous that you get to visit Mom and Dad and do fun things with them.

Jolynn said...

I'm glad you got to come home and be there for Homecoming. That doesn't happen very often. We had lots of fun too. And you do look super skinny in that pic with dad!!

hillari said...

It sounds like you guys did tons of fun stuff--but I wanted to see pictures of all of it! And I was thinking you looked really good too! We'll have lots of fun this week for Thanksgiving.

holli jo said...

You are so lucky you get to go visit whenever you want to! We miss you.