Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Fireworks

Since the fourth was on a Monday this year, the stadium of fire was the Saturday before. A group of friends headed up to the MTC fields to watch the fireworks. We played games while we waited. And I decided the stadium of fire fireworks are kind of lame.
On the fourth, Elsie, Missy, and I went on a morning run to watch the parade. We were kind of sweaty when we got there, but got our exercise in.
There were lots of Star Wars characters in the parade.
And we all loved seeing Cecil in the parade!
We went swimming that afternoon, and then went up Provo Canyon for a fire with some other friends. We made s'mores and banana boats.
We got back to our apartment and snuck onto the roof to watch people shoot off a bunch of aerial fireworks. And we did some sparklers in the park.
I was trying to spell my name, but it was too hard so all I got was the L.
Happy Fourth of July!

3 comments:

hillari said...

Wow, that sounds like a way fun fourth! And how could you think the stadium was lame?? what the heck?

Jolynn said...

I think it was lame-o only because you weren't actually in the stadium. I notice you didn't think it was lame when you worked it and Miley Cyrus was the entertainment!! hahaha. Anyway, your 4th of July sounds like it was super fun. You were doing something fun the entire day! (if you count running as something fun!)

cassidy said...

You had a jam packed fourf of July! Everything looks super fun. And I would probably agree about the stadium of fire fireworks, but I don't really care for fireworks to begin with.