Wednesday, June 8, 2011

I want to be a cowgirl!

I went to branding day this year. I drove down with Jake, Liz, and the boys to meet up with everyone. We got to the ranch just in time for the last calf to be branded.
Baby cows are so cute...
Josh had to bring his sword and shield. He was pretty cute.
My mom and my brother.
Then the momma cows had to get their ears pierced and get stuff sprayed on their backs to keep flies off.
Aren't my grandpa and grandma the cutest?
My dad let me wear his cowboy hat. Unfortunately it was a tad too big, and I had to hold in on because it was so windy.
I took a turn riding my grandpa's horse too. I wasn't very good at making it go anywhere other than walking around in circles.
But then Lizzie hopped on showed off her horse riding skills.
After all the work was done, we headed back to the house for lunch. Everyone sat out on the patio to chat. I also played hide and go seek, and bad guys with Josh.

4 comments:

hillari said...

I never got to go to that, but it looks interesting. And fun to be around everyone. I can't believe you got their at the very end of the branding though! And what's up with my bro having facial hair?? I don't believe I've ever seen that before.

Jolynn said...

Cute branding day photos Lexi Lou. It was a really fun day, but it was kind of sad that we all practically missed it. Oh well, we still had a good time, and it was fun to see you and Jake, Liz and the boys.

Liz said...

That was a really fun day; I was just scrapping some pictures from it the other day. And for the record, I couldn't make that horse do anything either :)

holli jo said...

Looks fun! I wish we could have been there. :(