Amanda somehow convinced me to camp over night in a tent outside the Marriott Center for the BYU vs. Utah basketball game. But before the worst night of my life, Amanda and I went to see the BYU ballet perform Cinderella. We both really enjoyed it and it made me excited for my ballet class in the summer.

Then it was time for a little camping. Amanda borrowed some camping stuff from her dad, including an air mattress for me.

Dallas was camping in the tent next to us.

Before we got in our bags, we took a jog around the Marriott Center to get warm. I thought I was dressed pretty warm for the occasion with lots of layers. I slept with my hood tied around my face, gloves on my hands, and with my blankets pulled over my head. But it was FREEZING. Shortly after going to bed, the air mattress completely deflated. I was cold, uncomfortable, and never once was I actually sleeping. I felt like it was - 10 degrees outside even though it was probably 10. Amanda even snuggled up to me because she was cold, but it didn't help. Dallas told me that by 3 in the morning I would be burning up, but the whole night I kept wondering if it was 3 yet. Eventually I started wondering when it was 7 so I could go back home.

Amanda's alarm clock in the morning was the most glorious sound ever. It meant an end to the worst night ever. This picture was taken when we woke up... and sums up how we both felt.

The rest of the day I felt like I would never be warm again. But we had to take another turn in the tents.

Luckily it was during the day and was slightly warmer. That night I had to babysit the nephews and the second I put them to bed I crashed on the couch for a few hours.

And we weren't the only crazies camping out for the game... we were tent number 23 of a lot of tents.

Here are the girls in our group waiting outside the Marriott.

We got seats on the 10th row, so it was sort of worth it. The game was awesome of course and we won.

4 comments:
This is probably one of the crazier things you have done in your lifetime. I knew you were going to freeze! But as I said, it will make a great story to tell your grandkids some day.
That sounds pretty miz! But also kind of cool. :)At least you guys got some good tickets out of it.
Yikes a bee! That sounds FREEZING! You guys are nuts. But the game sounds fun, and that's pretty cool that you got such good seats!
You earned lots of respect points with this adventure Lexie. You are nuts girl but keep it up!
Post a Comment