Thursday, January 15, 2009

Sports Hero Day

Last Thursday I was a volunteer at sports hero day. It is a program BYU does for sixth grade student. About 900 sixth graders came to campus. They were divided into groups and then we took them to meet BYU athletes. The athletes talked about nutrition, goal setting, time management, and teamwork. Then they demonstrated the sport they play. And the kids got to participate also. We got to meet tennis players, swimmers and divers, track runners, and volleyball players. It was a lot of fun. I think I had more fun than some of the sixth graders.
Waiting for our school to get to BYU.
I think I was talking in this picture.
This girl was also named Lexie.
Taking the sixth graders to the pool.
Some of my new friends Harley and Taylor.
And probably the greatest picture ever... Me and Jonathan Tavernari! He is on the basketball team.

3 comments:

Jolynn said...

That looks like it was way fun! Super cute pic of you and Jonathan Tavernari!

hillari said...

that does look super fun! good job volunteering. you did always have boyf's on the b-ball team...

cassidy said...

Hey that looks really fun! That's cool that you are getting involved with stuff on campus. It looks like you guys had tons of fun. And Hilli is right...all your boyf's on the bball teams.